Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preview of my P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m scheduled to pick up my white on white P3D this Tuesday... decided to go down to the service center today (closed on sundays) and see if I could find my car in the lot... and there she was amongst a whole boatload of cars to deliver... P’s and LR’s in all colors.

I had a chance to inspect the exterior without anyone rushing me... went over the paint, panels gaps etc...

In general, the quality is much improved over the early cars where fit misalignments were seen from 20’ away... now they’re more like 5’ mistakes... still there, but much improved. The car was dirty and just came off the truck, so I’m wondering if any of the issues I’ve found will be addressed during dealer prep... paint looked good, but couldn’t tell if the whites of the body and bumper were off...

Anyway, Is dealer prep any more than a quick wash and removing the plastic? Has anyone successfully been able to adjust the fitment of the body panels after delivery?

PS- If anyone is expecting a blue with white interior P in Vegas, your panel gaps and alignment looked really good... I know cuz I was comparing mine to yours.

Attachments

• EEC8D362-FAF3-4F19-980A-C9467955A9DC.jpeg
    EEC8D362-FAF3-4F19-980A-C9467955A9DC.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 5BC70271-AB60-4E04-A0D4-E88DC5627A16.jpeg
    5BC70271-AB60-4E04-A0D4-E88DC5627A16.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 136
I’m scheduled to pick up my white on white P3D this Tuesday... decided to go down to the service center today (closed on sundays) and see if I could find my car in the lot... and there she was amongst a whole boatload of cars to deliver... P’s and LR’s in all colors.

I had a chance to inspect the exterior without anyone rushing me... went over the paint, panels gaps etc...

In general, the quality is much improved over the early cars where fit misalignments were seen from 20’ away... now they’re more like 5’ mistakes... still there, but much improved. The car was dirty and just came off the truck, so I’m wondering if any of the issues I’ve found will be addressed during dealer prep... paint looked good, but couldn’t tell if the whites of the body and bumper were off...

Anyway, Is dealer prep any more than a quick wash and removing the plastic? Has anyone successfully been able to adjust the fitment of the body panels after delivery?

PS- If anyone is expecting a blue with white interior P in Vegas, your panel gaps and alignment looked really good... I know cuz I was comparing mine to yours.

Great looking car man. Congrats. Your panel gaps look fine. My white RWD up here in Canada looks the same. White is the WORST color gap wise as the contrast between the white paint and black gaps is stark. The gaps disappear in the darker colors.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Great looking car man. Congrats. Your panel gaps look fine. My white RWD up here in Canada looks the same. White is the WORST color gap wise as the contrast between the white paint and black gaps is stark. The gaps disappear in the darker colors.
Thanks... I switched from obsidian black a few weeks back... went back and forth between obvious gaps or always dirty looking:D

did you notice your VIN #? same P3D in Denver is ....74492

Last edited:
Picked her up today... delivery was smooth. Staff was great and all the slight issues I noticed went away after I stomped on the accelerator for the first time.

Getting back in my Z4M Coupe after the Tesla felt like driving a horse drawn gravel cart over cobblestone streets... the P3D is just that good. She loses a bit of traction pulling out of corners, but that could just be the new tires. Otherwise, she just pulls from any speed... steering is direct, throttle input is immediate, suspension is taught without being harsh...Ill need more seat time to really feel her out, but so far she’s just incredible.
I thought I was going to keep the BMW for the analog experience blah blah blah... but I’m not so sure anymore.

Attachments

• 1EDF2983-5300-4756-8809-C2EE89F82A69.jpeg
    1EDF2983-5300-4756-8809-C2EE89F82A69.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 81
Picked her up today... delivery was smooth. Staff was great and all the slight issues I noticed went away after I stomped on the accelerator for the first time.

Getting back in my Z4M Coupe after the Tesla felt like driving a horse drawn gravel cart over cobblestone streets... the P3D is just that good. She loses a bit of traction pulling out of corners, but that could just be the new tires. Otherwise, she just pulls from any speed... steering is direct, throttle input is immediate, suspension is taught without being harsh...Ill need more seat time to really feel her out, but so far she’s just incredible.
I thought I was going to keep the BMW for the analog experience blah blah blah... but I’m not so sure anymore.
Once you go Tesla, you never go back lol. Same for me I am sure I’ll not miss the ICE age except the visceral sounds.

Once you go Tesla, you never go back lol. Same for me I am sure I’ll not miss the ICE age except the visceral sounds.
Yes... the one level of driver disconnect that I need to adjust to is the silence. I’m accustomed to wringing out my ICE motor to 8000rpm... the sound and vibration connects you to the motor speed and transmission... it let’s you know what the car is feeling. The Tesla just pulls in silence and doesn’t stop till you’re waaaay above legal limits... might make you enter turns too hot if you’re not careful too.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Sg911 and mongo