Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2022 Model S Refresh Long Range Fit and Finish.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad to see that you were able to negotiate a buyback. Tesla was prepared to take the car in and butcher the quarter panel and put in a new one together repainting the rear driver's side door and the new quarter panel and the hatch. The cost was going to be close to $10,000 paid by Telsa and I did not want to go through with this and take the chance the paint would not match perfectly with the rest of the car with the factory paint.

They gave me $3,650 in credits that I could use for service or accessories. They did offer a new car from excess inventory. They had a red car and a white car with 20" wheels and they only gave me a few days to decide. I have and midnight blue with 19" Tempest wheels. The gap is negligible but Tesla did admit that it was out of alignment. I still love the car and can live with the small gap. If anyone else has Fit and Finish Issues push back because it is the only way Tesla will improve their Fit and Finish. There is no doubt most Fit and Finish Issues are robotic glitches and Telsa will get better.
I suspect that it is in your favor that you did not undergo the realignment efforts. I was also considering, but the little work that Tesla did resulted in creaking from the tailgate every time the car accelerated from the stationary position. Basically they made it worse. The Tesla collision center said they could not guarantee their fix would be better. So I think from having a prior MS and the Tesla friends I have made, all contributed to it working out. I still The car I picked up today was less costly, and able to transfer the FSD from my 2018 car. That made all the aggravation worth it. I also have the midnight blue, 19 inch wheels now (from 21s) and white interior.

Tesla is buying back my car and transaction nearly complete. I ordered another one nearly identical, but this time with the 19 inch wheels. I am able to move over the 6 years of Supercharging, but could not move the FSD since my old MS was a total loss in June. Tomorrow I drive the old one to pick up the new one. I hope that the trunk alignment is not as bad. I keep checking out all the new MS in my hood, and their defect is there, but much less prominent. I will keep my finger's crossed. I also hope for no wind noise like the one I have currently.I pick up the 9/5/23 baby tomorrow!
Did you have to get lawyers involved for the buyback? My 2023 LR S is has that same hatch alignment issue as well and they did an adjustment by taking off the rear glass, loosening the bolts and shifting the hatch to the right to even up the gaps. But now it's shifted the hatch to the right at the top where it meets the roof. Something is definitely off, whether it is the hatch or the rear quarter panels. I get a feeling it's poor stamping on my hatch. Even to my untrained eyes, I can tell that aligning the hatch at the top will throw off the tail section where the lights are. I am starting to see other cars around my area also with poor hatch alignment and I think these cars are really "luck of the draw". Other than the rear hatch, everything else seems to be OK....doors, hood and fenders. Did you have to push Tesla for this? I know I read that the service advisor had suggested this.