Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my guess...and again...just a guess. But Q3 ends in 5 days. They are going to wait until Q4 to release the $100 package to everyone to boost the Q4 numbers. Elon did say that it would be coming to everyone who hasnt ordered FSD "next week". Like I said just a guess. It makes zero sense to have spotify only work while on wifi. Tesla is losing out on $100 a car for every SR and SR+. The majority of Model 3s sold this year has to be SR+...thats alot of money to leave on the table.

Reactions: Kuroshio
Hey! It's not quite purchasing premium connectivity, but from the new Tesla blog post:

"To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while parked and connected to WiFi for these cars."

the words "parked and" have been removed from the post...

This is my guess...and again...just a guess. But Q3 ends in 5 days. They are going to wait until Q4 to release the $100 package to everyone to boost the Q4 numbers. Elon did say that it would be coming to everyone who hasnt ordered FSD "next week". Like I said just a guess. It makes zero sense to have spotify only work while on wifi. Tesla is losing out on $100 a car for every SR and SR+. The majority of Model 3s sold this year has to be SR+...thats alot of money to leave on the table.

It will help a bit in Q4 if that’s the case, but the revenue will be recognized straight-line over the term of the contract. At most, Tesla will be able to recognize $25 per car in Q4 assuming a $100/year price tag.

second this. everything works like it should. the infotainment is nearly identical to the premium users now, minus the traffic.
Need Satellite Nav and our pillar speakers & rear deck speakers on. The sound system sounds sweet as it is, running Streaming, Spotify, Tune-in, FM Radio, Satellite SiriusXM, USB music and Bluetooth music from Amazon. I think I covered them all.

Fred

I can use netflix,spotify etc without the premium service. how long does this last? had since v10 update
Yes, that's right and it's (supposedly) temporary. By the way, the restriction is (will) be that you can use them on Wifi, but not via cellular. Of course, if they just say "forget it" and let everyone have it - it wouldn't be the first time Tesla devalued premium features.

That's an interesting way to spell "increase the value of the partial premium feature set".
just because it benefits some doesn't mean it's not a devaluation. The $ value for that feature is now objectively less since all cars get it and not just the "Premium Interior" cars. Those who did not pay for the higher end cars are getting a feature they did not pay for, but the $ value of that feature has been reduced.

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating facts.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
I didn't pay for one-pedal driving, Cuphead, or a 5% range boost either. I am okay with even the "lesser" models also getting better over time.

That's different - they did not advertise any of those as being part of paying for the "premium" package. This is literally saying "If you pay extra, you get feature X" and then later they just give X to everyone anyway. Therefore your car was devalued.

This isn't at all about "being ok" or "hooray for the little people" - it's a simple statement that a feature that some had to buy a model up to get is now free when purchasing the "lesser" car, so everyone's car who paid for that feature has dropped in value some. Therefore Tesla de-vauled the "premium" cars a bit.

It's just like if you buy your Tesla, then the next day, Tesla lowered the price of your same model. Doesn't matter if you are happy it happened - it's still just devauled your car. It's not subjective. Are they doing it to screw everyone? no. Will it change your enjoyment? No. Will it affect the resale value of your car? Yes.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
That's different - they did not advertise any of those as being part of paying for the "premium" package. This is literally saying "If you pay extra, you get feature X" and then later they just give X to everyone anyway. Therefore your car was devalued.
I bought the premium interior, but after the premium connectivity for life was ended. And it wasn't any cheaper--I just wasn't ready to buy my car. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn't at all about "being ok" or "hooray for the little people" - it's a simple statement that a feature that some had to buy a model up to get is now free when purchasing the "lesser" car, so everyone's car who paid for that feature has dropped in value some. Therefore Tesla de-vauled the "premium" cars a bit.

Given the cheaper, less featured, version was never actually sold/delivered to anyone- that's not really true.

It's not like one day the "cloth" tesla was on sale for 10k cheaper than the (fake) leather one- and then they started putting (fake) leather in it 6 months later at the same price.

Anybody who bought the premium interior before the SR was on sale didn't "buy a model up" interior they bought the only interior sold at the time.

Anybody who bought the premium interior AFTER the SR was actually being delivered already knew what each had in it and that hasn't substantively changed.

Test drove a Model 3 yesterday which the member of staff said was the Standard and it had Spotify etc though forgot to ask to confirm. Then got a bit confused as they're not listed as the spec for the non-premium interior.

But looking at this thread it seems it is standard now across the board following the latest update?

Test drove a Model 3 yesterday which the member of staff said was the Standard and it had Spotify etc though forgot to ask to confirm. Then got a bit confused as they're not listed as the spec for the non-premium interior.

But looking at this thread it seems it is standard now across the board following the latest update?

Yep, as of firmware V10, all Model 3s (including SR/+) have access to Slacker streaming music, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, a web browser, etc.

The community here is guessing that eventually those of us with partial premium interior will be asked to pay a subscription fee to keep the premium connectivity (most guess around $100 a year). But for the moment it's included.