Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, there will probably be some interior upgrades, maybe exterior camera on bumper eventually in 2024.. I’m one who always needs the most current stuff and went over and over in my head whether or not I’d be unhappy if I get a MX now and then they come out with ambient lights inside or a horn in the middle of steering wheel etc… I decided to just go ahead and order the car now. I can deal without ambient lights lol. The car is really nice as it is. Hopefully we get a retrofit bumper camera at some point. I read that MX has an empty port for a camera to plug into.
Yah my thoughts exactly hoping they don't add the newer style interior & ambient lighting like upcoming M3 & MY (they updated the dash beyond just adding led strips) or similarly update the front bumper like they did on M3 right after we get ours, coming from 2018 with carbon fiber Interior not too fond of the faux wood grain interior reminds me of my launch day m3. Or at least if they do hope they raise the price to make us feel better haha.

Yeah, there will probably be some interior upgrades, maybe exterior camera on bumper eventually in 2024.. I’m one who always needs the most current stuff and went over and over in my head whether or not I’d be unhappy if I get a MX now and then they come out with ambient lights inside or a horn in the middle of steering wheel etc… I decided to just go ahead and order the car now. I can deal without ambient lights lol. The car is really nice as it is. Hopefully we get a retrofit bumper camera at some point. I read that MX has an empty port for a camera to plug into.
If you always need the latest and greatest you can continue to wait and wait. I have a friend who thinks if he waits until next year the X & S will soon have 500 mile range....🤭

Yah my thoughts exactly hoping they don't add the newer style interior & ambient lighting like upcoming M3 & MY (they updated the dash beyond just adding led strips) or similarly update the front bumper like they did on M3 right after we get ours, coming from 2018 with carbon fiber Interior not too fond of the faux wood grain interior reminds me of my launch day m3. Or at least if they do hope they raise the price to make us feel better haha.
I've said this elsewhere, but when the Euro/Asian spec MS started appearing in photographs with new taillights/charge port in late 2021, it still took 3-4 months for us to see it on NA cars. For the bumper camera/lighting, we've not seen any indication whatsoever that those features will come to existing platforms - only the new 3. So I think it's safe to say we're a ways out.

A bumper camera is probably higher priority given the deletion of USS and the coverage gap that left directly in front of the car, so I could see that coming sooner, but I suspect ambient lighting may wait for a full overhaul/refresh. It's only speculation, however.

Reactions: WhiteCHX
I've said this elsewhere, but when the Euro/Asian spec MS started appearing in photographs with new taillights/charge port in late 2021, it still took 3-4 months for us to see it on NA cars. For the bumper camera/lighting, we've not seen any indication whatsoever that those features will come to existing platforms - only the new 3. So I think it's safe to say we're a ways out.

A bumper camera is probably higher priority given the deletion of USS and the coverage gap that left directly in front of the car, so I could see that coming sooner, but I suspect ambient lighting may wait for a full overhaul/refresh. It's only speculation, however.
Yah I know I should just wait it out cuz when new fascia and interior comes out in next year or two I'm gonna be sad but too impatient haha.

To me test driving it the front sensors appeared to be livable but the front door situation almost a dealbreaker they basically don't work lol they worse than my old 2016 was back in the day talk about 1 step forward...

Reactions: Neon001
Yah I know I should just wait it out cuz when new fascia and interior comes out in next year or two I'm gonna be sad but too impatient haha.

To me test driving it the front sensors appeared to be livable but the front door situation almost a dealbreaker they basically don't work lol they worse than my old 2016 was back in the day talk about 1 step forward...
Hey, I'm with you. I buy cars more often than is prudent, but the upside is that I don't have to stress as much about not making the cutoff for stuff like this. I figured I'd try to bring some comfort to folks worried about missing features by a month or two, because I really don't believe we'll see it for awhile. Of course, that's just an educated guess, but at least it's not completely baseless.

I'm not worried about the bumper cam either, tbh. The front door situation does suck somewhat but there's nothing even in the works (hardware wise) that would fix that anyway, so at least I know what I'm getting.

Reactions: MXSD

Are Model X/S made anywhere other than Fremont? Strange that they would update a car shipping to Europe/Asia vs domestic production. Maybe the lights needed to be certified by the gov

Are Model X/S made anywhere other than Fremont? Strange that they would update a car shipping to Europe/Asia vs domestic production. Maybe the lights needed to be certified by the gov
No they aren't, AFAIK. I believe the primary reason for the mod was to include the chademo charge ports or something as they were more popular in those territories. The lighting change just followed since the new port required it anyway.

Is it really?
Maybe for some looking for the cheapest three row EV, but not imo. My wife drives a top trim Palisade, which actually looks nicer than the images I've seen of the EV9. That thing is to an MX as a MX is to a MB EQS, and the difference between the $55k base trim and the GT will be large (price wise). Folks talking to dealers have said to expect >$75k pricing for the GT with the inevitable markup. It's great to have options, but I would certainly never cross shop an MX and EV9.

Sweet starting price:

Now that's competition.

EV9 fan here, wife drives a 2021 Telluride SX Prestige and trying to convince her to move to the EV world. Great vehicle with options not found in other 3-row options even the $100k+ market. Heated AND Ventilated 2nd row captains chairs for example, on a Telluride SX that was stickered barely aver $50k.

Problem here is this EV9 is the base RWD version the range pretty much sucks and performance is really lacking. Waiting to see what the top tier trims offer and independent testing comes out. At 300mi range or more I'll be a fan, if not seems like going backwards from even my 2018 Model 3 that was rated at 310mi / 4.8s 0-60, but realistically gets 270 tops in the best of conditions.

Then there's the greedy KIA dealership problems.... We had to search far and wide to ONLY pay $1200 OVER MSRP and I'm sure the'll be gouging these worse. :(

I can't get beyond it looking like a boxy tank. Just my humble view. I guess may three-row vehicles do.
When I bought an Ioniq 5 for fun and comparison to my Model Y, I had to go all the way to NY to get one anywhere near sticker price.
I will be forever amused that they were insistent on scheduling my first oil change.

Aren’t there usually some price cuts at end of quarter, surprised I haven’t seen any yet. Maybe the recent mega price cuts are enough for Tesla for now. Not willing to go any lower

The additional price cuts typically come couple weeks after quarter end (once the pent-up demand has waned) so that they don't need to give them retroactively to the EoQ push buyers. Begnning of year is typically weak so expect discounts then with the upcoming competition.

Sweet starting price:

Now that's competition.

Now, of course this doesn't apply to EVs (yet), but it does have something to say about quality of workmanship.

Hyundai and Kia recall nearly 3.4 million vehicles due to fire risk and urge owners to park outdoors.​

My son once owned a new Accent, which repeatedly stalled, and required road service 19 times. Wipers went on, and lights flashed incessantly, even when the car was off. It was possessed. We eventually returned the vehicle under the lemon law, after considerable toil. Oh, I remember the pain.

I once bought a new Elantra, which advertised 33 mpg. I never got more than 24 mpg driving safely. Hyundai was convicted of mileage gate, but the remedy was that you had to pick up your several-dollar compensation by going to the Hyundai dealer EACH MONTH, facing the sales firing squad. That was a SWEET one-time experience, imprinted on my soul

See ya'
In a Kia.

Buyer beware.

Last edited: