Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall+ flashing green, system stuck on Standby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all, I have had my TESLA solar install (10.4 Kw, Powerwall+) working perfectly (including PTO) since early June. A couple of days ago the system went on Standby mode and is just pulling from the grid. The Powerwall+ is flashing slowly green (every other second) which would indicate an inverter connection issue. I tried a lot of things:

1. Already contacted TESLA and have an open ticket with them, however this can take a long time to resolve
  2. Power cycled the whole system - no resolution
  3. Logged in to the Installer environment, after doing some self-testing the Neurio meter appeared to fail (blinking blue LED), after various reset attempts the Neurio now shows solid purple which appears to be the default working state and system is now successfully passing all self diagnosis tests
  4. Checked firmware updates - fully up to date
  5. When looking at the state of the system it now says "Wait for Solar" however is still not generating energy (shows no flow in Installer environment nor in TESLA app)
Any ideas? It may be an inverter hardware fail but I am still hoping I can fix this myself as opposed to waiting a month for TESLA....

Attachments

• IMG-8562.jpg
    IMG-8562.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG-8563.jpg
    IMG-8563.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 134
Have you run through the full wizard in the installer interface? If not, I would go through each step and check the Gateway and Powerwall firmware on their pages. There's also a full check of all the meters as well as some additional diagnostics. I've seen cases where this full check/reboot brings the system back to life.

Upvote 0
It may be an inverter hardware fail
Normally there would be some kind of error message in the app or on the website if there is a hardware failure. Waiting for Solar with no generation usually means something just got stuck. You can also try just Disabling/Enabling the inverter, but I've had better luck running through the full wizard. It resets and checks the whole system and has worked for me in the past when things got stuck.

Upvote 0
Normally there would be some kind of error message in the app or on the website if there is a hardware failure. Waiting for Solar with no generation usually means something just got stuck. You can also try just Disabling/Enabling the inverter, but I've had better luck running through the full wizard. It resets and checks the whole system and has worked for me in the past when things got stuck.
Thanks a lot for your response. I ran through the full wizard yesterday (no errors showing) and it indeed rebooted the whole thing. I had some good hope it would work but it went back to Standby state shortly after. What is the process for Disabling/Enabling the inverter ?

Upvote 0
I am dealing with a similar issue; my system has stopped producing since April. They have sent techs out twice so far. The tech advised during the last visit that there might be a wiring problem. Now they are scheduled to come back out mid July. Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue which turned out to be a bad Powerwall+ inverter. No errors in the diagnostics, just zero output. Took 4 tech visits and 2 months of downtime before they finally replaced the inverter.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue which turned out to be a bad Powerwall+ inverter. No errors in the diagnostics, just zero output. Took 4 tech visits and 2 months of downtime before they finally replaced the inverter.
his sounds eerily similar, especially the "no error in diagnostics", but indeed zero output. I am calling TESLA again today to see if I can at least get a date&time for a tech visit....

Upvote 0
providing an update here: had a two Techs come out here (the same day, kudos!), they checked everything including all of the wiring, ran diagnostics on all of the strings and could not find anything wrong. In the end, they concluded it must have something to do with the software which they could not troubleshoot. They came back the next day, replaced the inverter and now everything is working again.

Upvote 0