Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential issue with 2020.20.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone with

552e77693750

has stumbled upon the issue I found yesterday. I've had 2020.20.1 for at least two weeks, and yesterday I was adjusting my suspension height, and then selected a new text to read/listen to, and when I selected "View Message" with my right steering wheel button, it caused my drivers display panel to go completely blank while I was driving. It was a tad unnerving, but nothing else happened, and it came back on in a minute. Later I used a voice command of "View Text Messages," and the text phone message box came up on the screen. When I selected messages, then the screen rebooted. Not cool.

Anybody else see this happening? What is the best way to report this to Tesla so they can do something about it in the next update?

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone with

552e77693750

has stumbled upon the issue I found yesterday. I've had 2020.20.1 for at least two weeks, and yesterday I was adjusting my suspension height, and then selected a new text to read/listen to, and when I selected "View Message" with my right steering wheel button, it caused my drivers display panel to go completely blank while I was driving. It was a tad unnerving, but nothing else happened, and it came back on in a minute. Later I used a voice command of "View Text Messages," and the text phone message box came up on the screen. When I selected messages, then the screen rebooted. Not cool.

Anybody else see this happening? What is the best way to report this to Tesla so they can do something about it in the next update?

Thanks.
It happened to me the morning after I received the update. I was about a 1/4 mile from my house and trying to get the audio to work. It came right back up, like yours, but the audio was still wonky so I did the 'two finger salute' and everything seemed okay after that. I should've known better; after firmware uploads to my Model 3, I learned to just go ahead and reboot the computer via the steering wheel buttons and I usually didn't get any weird behavior afterwards. I've got to remember to start doing this with the X.