Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Postponed delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least you are not in the RHD bracket

Hi, i've ordered my 85D and confirmed on 06/30 (VIN #95778).
Production completed last week (07/21).
On 07/22 estimated delivery date (previously "September") disappeared.
On 07/25 it's back on mytesla and now it's "Late September".
I'm just a little bit disappointed about it, 2 months to bring a car from California to Italy?
:(

Think yourself lucky. I ordered a RHD for UK market and confirmed on 1st June (VIN #97XXX). The estimated delivery was Late September. This has changed through to October, Late October and now November! That will be in the region of a 4-5 month wait IF Tesla deliver in November!!!:mad: There are other UK orders that have been waiting for nearly 8 months now. It seems Tesla can't build a RHD car at the moment.:scared: I think the other RHD markets have been suffering these delays as well.

There might be light at the end of the tunnel though. The first RHD deliveries are due to start this week here in the UK.:smile:

We ordered ours on 7/1 and were told last week that it was headed for transport to Ohio for pickup. I think there is a disconnect between the rail system and website as your DS noted as the website is now saying our Tesla is in production and delivery is September instead of August. I've emailed our DS to see what is going on.

Is this for real? If so, why is it possible? Sounds like cheating and a huge tax hole....

Welcome to earth! When did you arrive? Tax holes and such strange-sounding tax benefits exist in many countries and sometimes are substantial. Whether it is tax-breaks to get companies into certain states or cities to favoritism among certain big employers.