Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Delivery Vehicle Low Coolant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up the MY last Friday, June 5th and it had almost none of the issues that others have posted. Mine has a minor paint ding on one of the door hinges and some paint knocked off the head of one of the hinge bolts.

Driving just over 500 miles in this first week has been fantastic but today I get a "Coolant Low OK to Drive/Contact Tesla Service" warning. A few miles later up pops another warning: "Power Limited - Ok to Drive/Use Mobile App to Schedule Service". Then another warning: "Power Reduced/Front Motor Temporarily Disabled". The computer didn't lie - top speed on freeway was 67 mph. Ten mile drive home was uneventful.

I used the app to schedule service but earliest time is next Friday, June 19th! Also, there is a lot more noise from the frunk. Seems way more than the HVAC should be making. Anyway, I left voicemail with local service here in Columbus hoping to get them to look at the car in their shop assuming it's safe to drive it there. I don't think I'll be driving it until I get their response. Good thing I've still got an ICE truck for backup.

Anyone else having these kinds of issues?

I just picked up the car on Wednesday. Only got a chance to drive the vehicle home and to the service center, that is about 60 mi. Didn't have the issues you posted. I had lot of wind noise and steering wheel alignment issue.

An update on the "Coolant Low - Still Safe to Drive" warning. Turns out this is another QA issue but more hidden than most. Since getting the car I thought that it made more noise than I expected while it was sitting in my garage after a drive. Others had posted issues about the noise and I assumed that was normal. After the warning popped up the noise actually got much worse. I did the on-app service scheduling but the soonest date was a week out. I complained in the text message responses then the local Tesla service reached out to get the car in the next day. Turns out a hose on the cooling system was not installed correctly. Not clear if cooling fluid was completely restricted or just partly blocked. Anyhow, after they re-connected the hose, purged the cooling system (5 times!) and test drove it they declared it was fine. So far, I agree. Now, the noise that I was hearing when I first got the car is gone. While in the garage, I can hear a slight sound from the heat pump but nothing like before. If your new MY seems noisy after a drive it might be something to check out.

An update on the "Coolant Low - Still Safe to Drive" warning. Turns out this is another QA issue but more hidden than most. Since getting the car I thought that it made more noise than I expected while it was sitting in my garage after a drive. Others had posted issues about the noise and I assumed that was normal. After the warning popped up the noise actually got much worse. I did the on-app service scheduling but the soonest date was a week out. I complained in the text message responses then the local Tesla service reached out to get the car in the next day. Turns out a hose on the cooling system was not installed correctly. Not clear if cooling fluid was completely restricted or just partly blocked. Anyhow, after they re-connected the hose, purged the cooling system (5 times!) and test drove it they declared it was fine. So far, I agree. Now, the noise that I was hearing when I first got the car is gone. While in the garage, I can hear a slight sound from the heat pump but nothing like before. If your new MY seems noisy after a drive it might be something to check out.

Looks like it’s the same issue this guy had: Heat Pump Sound Issue?

Glad you got it fixed and will definitely keep an eye out for it!