Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible battery failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model S w the performance package. I was at a Tesla changing station yesterday and unplugged it at 89 percent. Got in to leave and the battery gauge was showing 100 percent but the screen also said battery critically low pull over immediately. Did a soft reset and that changed nothing. Eventually it was completely dead and couldn't get into it. Had to have it towed to the nearest dealership. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have suggestions. Tesla has has yet to diagnose it as this happened yesterday.

I have a 2019 Model S w the performance package. I was at a Tesla changing station yesterday and unplugged it at 89 percent. Got in to leave and the battery gauge was showing 100 percent but the screen also said battery critically low pull over immediately. Did a soft reset and that changed nothing. Eventually it was completely dead and couldn't get into it. Had to have it towed to the nearest dealership. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have suggestions. Tesla has has yet to diagnose it as this happened yesterday.

Dead as in absolutely with no power even for hazard lights, display screens? In this case, the failed 12V could be blamed as one of the possibilities.

Or only dead to the propulsion system, but the door locks still work, the display screen still on...? In this case, the 12V battery is unaffected and not to be blamed.

Dead as in absolutely with no power even for hazard lights, display screens? In this case, the failed 12V could be blamed as one of the possibilities.

Or only dead to the propulsion system, but the door locks still work, the display screen still on...? In this case, the 12V battery is unaffected and not to be blamed.
Completely dead, couldn't even get into it.

Nothing would work. It wouldn't move and soon after screens went black door wouldn't open

So they replaced the main battery which had a range of 345 miles. They put in a refurbished battery which shows a range of 316 miles.. How can they get away with this this. I think that's totally wrong, what are my rights?

Your car was rated at 345 miles when brand new, it surely wasn’t still getting that range 3 years later.

The terms of the warranty state you’re owed a battery that has at least as much range as the battery they replaced before it failed. They DON’T owe you a brand new battery with the full range your car had when new.