Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portable charging cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Tesla support 3 phase at 16amps, so 11kWh max.
vs. a single phase at 32amps which delivers 7.4kWh.
So that's 50% faster.

Keep in mind that you are constrained by the lowest element : if the charge point is single phase there is no benefit in using a 3 phase cable, as there is only 1 live terminal.
But if the charge point is 3 phase, you need the 3 phase cable as otherwise the two other live terminals are simply not wired to the car onboard charger.

I’m sure I’m getting 11kWh using the blue charger that came with the car from my 3 phase charger

You will with a 3 phase supply - 11kW is 3ph x 16a.

The cable supplied with the car should be a 3-phase/32a capable cable. So it can also do 1ph x 32a which is 7kW, which is the max a Model 3/Y will accept on a single phase supply, ie most domestic supplies.

The Model 3/Y cannot do 3ph x 32a which would be 22kW that some 3 phase charge points can supply and some cars will accept.

I’m sure I’m getting 11kWh using the blue charger that came with the car from my 3 phase charger
Excellent, you are one of the favoured few! 3 phase is rare for domestic supplies. That confirms that you will definitely always need to use a 3 phase spec cable otherwise, counter intuitively, you will be worse off than the rest of us if using a single phase cable i.e. You will drop from your 48 amps (3x16) to 16 amps, rather than the 32 amps that the rest of us get on single phase.