Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Would you return your model 3 over this panel issue?

What to do with this car?

• Return it - you're within the 7 day window

• Work with Tesla to try to get it fixed

• Shouldn't be a big deal, having Tesla try to fix it might introduce more issues

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My advice: If it's just cosmetic, don't worry about it. Sure, ask the SC to look at it and let them fix it if they think it could be a problem.

For context, I don't care what my car looks like. I care about safety and function. If you care, get them to fix it. Don't give up the $1,000 for a cosmetic defect that most other Model 3's have.

Reactions: turanuk
I was so anxious about the paint and body panels going into my delivery appointment today.

It’s fine. It’s not perfect, it’s fine. Honestly if I hadn’t known about the issues with panel fir and paint I would not have noticed any issues. Only because I was looking extra close did I find anything. I count myself lucky because I’ve seen some bad ones on here.

I don’t live close to a SC so improbably just going to live with it as is and get on with life.

Reactions: jpfive
I was so anxious about the paint and body panels going into my delivery appointment today.

It’s fine. It’s not perfect, it’s fine. Honestly if I hadn’t known about the issues with panel fir and paint I would not have noticed any issues. Only because I was looking extra close did I find anything. I count myself lucky because I’ve seen some bad ones on here.

I don’t live close to a SC so improbably just going to live with it as is and get on with life.

Emphasis mine.

I think you are in the vast majority. I think the people who have serious problems with the car are the very unlucky few.