Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Would you pay for a higher power Model X charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The OP calls for a poll - and typically that means you vote for one thing or the other - or still undecided . Then you can observe the results ....
Am i missing something?
The 72 amp is a $1,000 option - you either get that - or the 48 amp or decide later - right? Is there a real pole somewhere for the X for charger choice? It might be revealing to see the raw numbers .... not that i don't appreciate folks writing about it also.

Last edited:
Actually, even after you configure, you still have a few days to modify. After you configure, Tesla gives you a week to change your mind. At that junction, you're locked in. The contract says you'd loose your $5k deposit, IF YOU CANCEL. However, for $500 Tesla will let you mod your configuration even later - it's just that you have to pony up their little fee.
But that misses my point - and simply asks another question - which I hopefully clarified above. The thread referenced - a 'poll' ... and there'd be 3 theoretical options. Sorry for not articulating a tad better. I was wondering about why there is no poll in the thread that's says it's a poll.

Last edited:
Actually, even after you configure, you still have a few days to modify. After you configure, Tesla gives you a week to change your mind. At that junction, you're locked in. The contract says you'd loose your $5k deposit, IF YOU CANCEL. However, for $500 Tesla will let you mod your configuration even later - it's just that you have to pony up their little fee.

They'll let you modify *IF* your modification can be accommodated on the line given the state of your car's assembly at the time you request the modification and you have to pay the $500. So you should not count on being able to change after you confirm.

Peter+

Thanks! I totally missed that - never imagined it would be on another website in stead of right here. Interesting also that the 72 amp version is preferred more than 2 to 1 even though the pole presumes twice the cost that Tesla ended up charging. Sure hope Elon doesn't see this - or there might be a real fast price modification
[emoji6]