Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny, usually I'm the one saying that FSD works great, I almost never have phantom braking (true), I use it all the time, while others think it's not good and never use it.

With V12.3, it's the opposite. I've been having some serious and dangerous problems, such as the one shown in the video below, while others are saying it's great. Perhaps the problem is that I'm in a rural area with country roads.

In any case, I've reported these problems, and I think it will be a while before they get fixed.

Possible edge case, but could it be that the V11 stack is running on HW101?

HW101 isn’t a limited access freeway, where v11.x has been noted to take over. And 11.4.9 doesn’t cross solid yellows unless there’s a dump truck on the side or some such. So, this error appears to be all on 12.3.

Interestingly, I’ve always noted that while running on the 11.x stacks, FSD has generally had what looks like a near-magical ability to pull yellow lines out of beat-up, faded, or near crippled stripes on the road, even synthesizing stripes in areas where there’s stripes here, and further up, but not for the next 30 yards due to patching or something. Where the car went off the rails in the above appears to be precisely in one of those faded-out areas. So, a regression on a function that’s been partly or mostly solved for a couple of years.

This is likely directly linked to the photons-in, driving-out NN-based machine, since synthesizing those extra yellow lines was probably done in the older C++ code, now replaced, not in the image recognizer NN engine.

May be that more training may do the trick. Although I have to wonder if the final product is going to have some C++ code shimmed back in.

Where the car went off the rails in the above appears to be precisely in one of those faded-out areas.
I took photos today. Moderately dirty and faded.

20240317_085438.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: mgs333
HW101 isn’t a limited access freeway, where v11.x has been noted to take over. And 11.4.9 doesn’t cross solid yellows unless there’s a dump truck on the side or some such. So, this error appears to be all on 12.3.

Interestingly, I’ve always noted that while running on the 11.x stacks, FSD has generally had what looks like a near-magical ability to pull yellow lines out of beat-up, faded, or near crippled stripes on the road, even synthesizing stripes in areas where there’s stripes here, and further up, but not for the next 30 yards due to patching or something. Where the car went off the rails in the above appears to be precisely in one of those faded-out areas. So, a regression on a function that’s been partly or mostly solved for a couple of years.

This is likely directly linked to the photons-in, driving-out NN-based machine, since synthesizing those extra yellow lines was probably done in the older C++ code, now replaced, not in the image recognizer NN engine.

May be that more training may do the trick. Although I have to wonder if the final product is going to have some C++ code shimmed back in.
I took photos today. Moderately dirty and faded.

View attachment 1028921
Yeah - right at the sharper part of curve, where it goes around, is where the car crossed over. The human eye/brain can tell that the lines are continuous; 11.x said the lines were continuous; but, right at that spot up there, that's where 12.3 went off the rails. Shouldn't have oughta done that, but, that's why we're beta testers. Hope you sent in a report.

@PianoAl

Yeah, you are right. It needs attention. You can submit that glitch multiple times by driving it like Chuck Cook does left hand turns!

Be careful tho, you don’t need to become an accident statistic.

With neural nets needing “data” to change, maybe retry a bunch of times, a few score?

Best wishes on your future boredom redriving!

Or maybe just keep redoing it until you approach “insanity (doing the same thing over and over again, expecting it to change) ” and stop if the firmware refuses to change🤞🏻😁

I know I’ve submitted a lot of voice recordings over the years and some were adopted!

Last edited:
It's funny, usually I'm the one saying that FSD works great, I almost never have phantom braking (true), I use it all the time, while others think it's not good and never use it.

With V12.3, it's the opposite. I've been having some serious and dangerous problems, such as the one shown in the video below, while others are saying it's great. Perhaps the problem is that I'm in a rural area with country roads.

In any case, I've reported these problems, and I think it will be a while before they get fixed.

I believe it's the shadow. It is amazing that they're still having problems with shadows and auto steer. They even had it with ap1! I've noticed it on my 2018 model X as well. The shadows will throw the thing off all the time!

I believe it's the shadow. It is amazing that they're still having problems with shadows and auto steer. They even had it with ap1! I've noticed it on my 2018 model X as well. The shadows will throw the thing off all the time!
Excellent observation! I hadn't noticed that. That could be it. I test drive that section other times with no shadow and no problems.

Reactions: henderrj
Looks like another batch of downloads has started:
Search for 2023.44.30.25 and or 12.3
On teslsfi I see over 60% of the cars they track have 2024.x so won't be eligible until V12.x moves onto the 2024.x update stream. We won't see 'widespread' release over there, although as of this moment, I'm only seeing 18 installs and 73 downloads available so widespread is probably not going to be with this 2023.44.30.25. I sense another update coming.

On teslsfi I see over 60% of the cars they track have 2024.x so won't be eligible until V12.x moves onto the 2024.x update stream. We won't see 'widespread' release over there, although as of this moment, I'm only seeing 18 installs and 73 downloads available so widespread is probably not going to be with this 2023.44.30.25. I sense another update coming.
Most of the cars on Teslafi almost certainly do not have FSD, so are not a factor for 12.3.

I believe that nearly all cars that were on FSD at the end of the year are still on 2023.44.30.x and will be getting 12.3 very soon.

People who recently bought/subscribed to FSD will be on 2024.x and will need to wait for a future release.

• Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan
Got 12.3 on my hw4 Y today but hw3 S was updated a week ago to 2024.2.7, so I assume I will have a lengthy wait for the S. So far, I don’t see any great improvement. Lots of jerky moves and still hesitant at stop signs and rights on red. Perhaps after more drives I will be more impressed. But I wouldn’t bet a dime on it😀.

Last edited: