Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
controlled sample so the data means something. Tesla stated they were starting west coast and near the factory. Every reported data point except one has been CA. So makes sense to see what % of CA owner/reservationholders have been invited to configure and how that evolves. Got a better idea?

(About that anomaly, ahem :cool:)

controlled sample so the data means something. Tesla stated they were starting west coast and near the factory. Every reported data point except one has been CA. So makes sense to see what % of CA owner/reservationholders have been invited to configure and how that evolves. Got a better idea?

I don't even have the latest software yet!

Um, where? This is what Tesla's CPO listings look like:

tesla-cpo-high-mileage-1.png
On the individual listings it shows. I typically look in the EV-cpo site, which is an extract from Tesla site and includes year of manufacture. And, while I have not looked recently, about a year ago I was considering getting a second S via cpo and there appeared to be a distinct price step by year. Although I will agree it is not as big a step as a new configuration (eg battery size increase or AP generation).

I applaud Tesla for making refinements when they can vs in annual increments. But, until many others do it, the over simplification of Model year will continue to be a significant factor in used car market. Say, what do you think I can get for my December 2012 P85 vs a March 2013 which is identical?
The model year is shown on the individual vehicle listing :cool:
upload_2017-11-26_21-42-5.png

Interesting poll. Thanks for putting it up. (Doesn't apply to me in WA but we're all interested to see how this moves.)

@insaneoctane... what (if any) choices are you given regarding deferring your invite? If you don't configure now, are you welcome back any time in future to configure or do you have to wait for another invite? ...

Tesla has said that once you receive your invitation you can configure at any time. If you delay ordering, people that order before you will move ahead of you in the production schedule. But otherwise you retain your place in the reservation queue.

Am I considered an owner if I have paid $1000 for a reservation?

No. The point of the "owner" category is that people who already own a Tesla are given priority. Obviously, the poll starter wanted to see how many of the top-priority group have been invited. The top priority group are people who already own a Tesla and live in CA. This measure allows the poll to track the ramp-up better than asking the whole reservationist community, since this way changes as the roll-out progresses will show up more clearly in the percentages.

I need some help. We live in so. California, have a model S, and reserved a model 3 on 7/31/2017. The problem is, according to the estimator, we can expect delivery late 2018. After many, many conversations with low level people at Tesla (they do a real good job at protecting those who can actually resolve issues), we are assured that we will have a delivery priority, and that the estimator needs to be updated. Needless to say, I'm beyond skeptical. I would like to see a reply from anyone here that is a current owner, lives in California, reserved a model 3 at about the same time frame, and would share their delivery estimate.

I need some help. We live in so. California, have a model S, and reserved a model 3 on 7/31/2017. The problem is, according to the estimator, we can expect delivery late 2018. After many, many conversations with low level people at Tesla (they do a real good job at protecting those who can actually resolve issues), we are assured that we will have a delivery priority, and that the estimator needs to be updated. Needless to say, I'm beyond skeptical. I would like to see a reply from anyone here that is a current owner, lives in California, reserved a model 3 at about the same time frame, and would share their delivery estimate.

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Does your present Model S show up on the same My Tesla page as your Model 3 reservation? Both cars must show up on the same page for the priority to be recognized. I originally used a different email address to place my Model 3 reservation than was on my account for the Roadster. I had to get that straightened out for Tesla's computer to recognize that my Model 3 reservation counted as being from an owner.

2. There should be three delivery date estimates. One for the $49K long-range version, one for the $35K short-range version, and another for the AWD version. If you have selected the AWD as your preference, it will show a later estimated delivery date. You can change that on your delivery date page.

• Helpful
Reactions: dhanson865
Has anyone who selected AWD as their preference gotten a configuration invite? I am a current owner, CA, 3/31/16 10:30am in store reservation and have not received an invite. The reason I ask is that the website says your priority is not changed based on which of the three configurations you state as your preference.

Only problem with this is that there are current owners being able to order WHO are not CA residents. One of the first is a NY resident, and another is a FL resident. So trying to figure this is out is like everything else with Tesla "Who the Hell knows" is far more appropriate.

Only problem with this is that there are current owners being able to order WHO are not CA residents. One of the first is a NY resident, and another is a FL resident. So trying to figure this is out is like everything else with Tesla "Who the Hell knows" is far more appropriate.
Multi state residents. All Tesla can go on is address you gave them. They are not running a detective agency. Please let the members who believe there is rationality use this thread to get some useful data. Peddle your frustration elsewhere.

PS, have you ever tried to understand any auto maker’s allocation method for in demand cars? Tesla is actually pretty transparent.

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Does your present Model S show up on the same My Tesla page as your Model 3 reservation? Both cars must show up on the same page for the priority to be recognized. I originally used a different email address to place my Model 3 reservation than was on my account for the Roadster. I had to get that straightened out for Tesla's computer to recognize that my Model 3 reservation counted as being from an owner.

2. There should be three delivery date estimates. One for the $49K long-range version, one for the $35K short-range version, and another for the AWD version. If you have selected the AWD as your preference, it will show a later estimated delivery date. You can change that on your delivery date page.

Thanks Daniel for the advice but my problem has been solved. The estimator now shows my estimated delivery between Dec. and Feb.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865