Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least we know now how terrific and impactful Elon's very broad political endorsements (aimed specifically at independents) are... Democrats Hold Off Steep Losses by Driving Turnout and Winning Independent Voters

How so? Looks like they are going to lose the House. That means pretty much all left initiatives are dead in the water at this point.

Was there a red wave? Nope. But all the Republicans needed to do was get one of the two houses, and they can force concessions on major legislation for the next 2 years.

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
How so? Looks like they are going to lose the House. That means pretty much all left initiatives are dead in the water at this point.

Was there a red wave? Nope. But all the Republicans needed to do was get one of the two houses, and they can force concessions on major legislation for the next 2 years.
the WSJ (hardly leftist) article states that INDEPENDENTS voted Democrat at a higher share than Republican. Elon's tweet called out Independents to vote Republican. That was my point.

Now - "forcing" concessions with a House majority which might very well be less than +10 seats is going to get tricky. Because the interests of the "Freedom Caucus" (members representing R+20 or more districts) very hardly aligns with interests of first time incumbents from recently flipped blue state/ blue'ish districts in the North East and California ... all which will face re-election in 2024 during a presidential cycle with a lot higher turnout.

• Funny
Elon's tweet called out Independents to vote Republican. That was my point.
There are 2 different way to interpret the results. Either the red wave would have been even weaker but Elon's Tweets provided support or the red wave was never going to be that strong and Elon had no effect at all. I suppose a third interpretation could be that Elon pushed people in the opposite direction. We'll never know.

the WSJ (hardly leftist) article states that INDEPENDENTS voted Democrat at a higher share than Republican. Elon's tweet called out Independents to vote Republican. That was my point.

Now - "forcing" concessions with a House majority which might very well be less than +10 seats is going to get tricky. Because the interests of the "Freedom Caucus" (members representing R+20 or more districts) very hardly aligns with interests of first time incumbents from recently flipped blue state/ blue'ish districts in the North East and California ... all which will face re-election in 2024 during a presidential cycle with a lot higher turnout.

I don't really care, and didn't call the WSJ "left".

The bottom line FACT is that when the election results are in, the Republicans will have at least one chamber of the house, and they HATE spending money (which all the left agendas require).

It will be a deadlocked congress which will do nothing, which frankly is exactly what Wall St wants, the status quo.

There are 2 different way to interpret the results. Either the red wave would have been even weaker but Elon's Tweets provided support or the red wave was never going to be that strong and Elon had no effect at all. I suppose a third interpretation could be that Elon pushed people in the opposite direction. We'll never know.

I believe it was the 2nd, most people knew how they were going to vote the instant the Supreme Court decision on abortion came out. It all just came down to who got out the most votes. The Red wave was over-hyped.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

CORE BEDROCK principle of our legal system.
again. legally speaking... not being found guilty of a certain charge doesnt mean you are innocent. especially when you travel across statelines with an AR and march up and down the street and eventually killing people before appearing on right wing conventions/ podcasts (CPAC, Charlie Kirk etc)

I see ZERO upside for Elon to go even within 10 feet of that persona/ engage in a twitter discussion. No sane CEO would do that ... but then again... it's Elon

Status
Not open for further replies.