Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Play name this part! Dangling wire & box found by rear motor.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed the attached wire & box while replacing my rear bumper on a 2014 85. They had been resting freely on the plastic splash guards. I zip-tied them to at least be supported better but took a picture first to share and here and find out...

What are these things and should I take further action?

IMG_20190520_191035.jpg

This looks to be the typical 3M dual lock. Not Velcro. This fastening system has special high temp VHB type adhesive, but requires clean surface and 60 seconds hard pressure to achieve the bond, and no disassembly load for 24hrs.

Easy to find now at Lowe's/HD. I used it to repair my failed Frunk liner attachments.

This is probably the rear tire TPMS receiver.

Appreciate it, had me curious. Assumed it wasn't too important since the motor had been replaced (classic bearing noise) a couple months prior and techs left it like that.

Congrats...you found the flux capacitor control unit...

88 mph here I come. Now where do I set the date?

Did you add the velcro to it? If not, did you buy this car used? I've seen VHB tape when taking my Tesla apart, but haven't ran into velcro yet.

I hadn't but admired that also ha ha. I bought it used with 23k miles but I know it was hit in the rear at some point (although airbags didn't blow) and the shop that did the work wasn't great. (Overspray and me replacing a bumper that should never have been reused, missing screws on plastic trim etc.)