Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then it must not bother you that much then.
If it were me and the "new" vibration was "annoying af!" I would do everything possible to see if I can eliminate it. But, that's just me I guess.
You can stop whining about it now since "you can't be bothered". 🤣🤣🤣
“Can’t be bothered” because I know it would be a waste of time; time that I would never get back!

Yes, “annoying af”! My solution is to walk past the PoS as I hop into a problem-free Rivian R1T. If my $145k PoS were not only worth $53k (per Tesla), I would unload it, post haste. That’s also “annoying af”!! 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
Yes, the LR has a similar vibration. At least the X does. Post software update it's worse than the Plaid IMO (except it doesn't have the cold start vibration at all)
The cold-start vibration is really, really odd. I'm probably one of the few who owned a 2021 Plaid and now a 2022 Plaid. The 2021 never did it - no 2021 does as far as I'm aware. So what is going on with the 2022-and-newer Plaids that it has this even occur? It's only a minor annoyance, of course, given it only does it for the first few minutes of a cold drive, but even so - why?

The cold-start vibration is really, really odd. I'm probably one of the few who owned a 2021 Plaid and now a 2022 Plaid. The 2021 never did it - no 2021 does as far as I'm aware. So what is going on with the 2022-and-newer Plaids that it has this even occur? It's only a minor annoyance, of course, given it only does it for the first few minutes of a cold drive, but even so - why?
Yeah it's very strange in general. I'd be curious if anyone with a 2021 had to have their front motors or inverters replaced, and whether or not the vibration came after that. But who knows how many such individiuals are out there.

Reactions: jebinc
If I remember correctly, @WilliamG had is front motor replaced on his 2021. Im sure he will have an answer for you
That's true! Tesla blew up my 2021's front motor while in service for the 700th time (for something unrelated). It did not have the vibration after that motor was replaced. To be fair, it was replaced before the 2022s hit, as I recall.

Reactions: jebinc
Yes, the LR has a similar vibration. At least the X does. Post software update it's worse than the Plaid IMO (except it doesn't have the cold start vibration at all)

My MXP had the cold start grind that lasted for a minute and then abruptly stops. I always assumed it was some sort of startup calibration. It was glass smooth at any speed and any acceleration including the speed range that is the topic of this thread.

Yeah, strange considering the half shafts are the same. There are some sites that suggest something changed in the drivetrain between 2021 and 2022.

Yep, it’s worse in my 2021 Plaid as well. Reported this on day one, after the supposed “fix” - when everyone else was drinking “placebo Koolaid.”

Image 6.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Propofoln