Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Sport Bucket Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1712888245533.png

Saw these just come out. Wonder if they’ll be retrofittable to old S plaids. Interestingly not available on X but should be compatible I’d assume.

Now those are reaaaallly unique seats!!! Love the Chamois-like leather also.

Does anyone here still trust Teslascope who made false claims on March 1, that start 3/1/24 all case produced since then will have ambient lights and front camera? They made it seem like they know what they are talking about, and it's been month and a half now and they are proven to be a scam. They at least failed to report on the real changes, such as the seats. Just imagine how many people refused delivery only cause of their false/fake news.

By the way, from the photos, I also noticed changes to the brake calipers color... they are yellow on the configurator.

I just noticed in the promo video that it looks like they put those suede bolsters on the rear seats too. Retrofit might be pretty expensive.

And hard to tell in the video, but looks like they may have replaced that fabric by the armrest (which always felt out of place) with the same suede-like material?

Edit:

This promo image clearly shows the rear seats also have the "suede"

The oddly placed fabric in the door panel is still the same though (you can see it peaking through under the yoke). So at least the door panels wouldn't have to change.

But if Tesla does offer a retrofit, I can't imagine them doing every seat for cheap. Especially since the front seats have two airbags in them.

Last edited:
Now those are reaaaallly unique seats!!! Love the Chamois-like leather also.

Does anyone here still trust Teslascope who made false claims on March 1, that start 3/1/24 all case produced since then will have ambient lights and front camera? They made it seem like they know what they are talking about, and it's been month and a half now and they are proven to be a scam. They at least failed to report on the real changes, such as the seats. Just imagine how many people refused delivery only cause of their false/fake news.

By the way, from the photos, I also noticed changes to the brake calipers color... they are yellow on the configurator.
I can see the new seats in the configuration so I’d say it’s accurate