Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with this assertion, you can't claim photo distortion here because of the Model S next to it. It's not perfect, but it is a great reference point for comparison and the Model S is attractive and proportionate in this image. Even the Model X looks good because the greenhouse is proportionate to its hood. Model 3 looks like a clown car from the front because it's so narrow and tall and stubby. Go-cart maybe, but not sporty and attractive. Almost looks a bit like a VW Bug with its aggressively sloping hood line and panel shape.

Quoting the other guys because this response is sorta relevant:
The S here is spared from this illusion because the angle of the shot happens to line up with the slope of the roof. That is, it looks more like the S roof slopes back smoothly because the angle suggests it does. The 3, and to some extent the X, also slope back smoothly like the S. We know this because we can actually look at the cars. In this image though, there aren't any depth cues, which gives that smooth sloping surface the appearance of a giant forehead. Also, notice the 3 is the only one shot completely head on. Both the S and X are at an angle, giving us more depth information.

My pic of Model 3 at Hyperloop. VIN 25 • r/teslamotors
NjO9JiU.jpg

And I now 100% know what color and wheel option I want. Beautiful picture.

The S here is spared from this illusion because the angle of the shot happens to line up with the slope of the roof. That is, it looks more like the S roof slopes back smoothly because the angle suggests it does. The 3, and to some extent the X, also slope back smoothly like the S. We know this because we can actually look at the cars. In this image though, there aren't any depth cues, which gives that smooth sloping surface the appearance of a giant forehead. Also, notice the 3 is the only one shot completely head on. Both the S and X are at an angle, giving us more depth information.
Here's an example: two 3's look different https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/vins10-33-jpg.242678/

They both look pretty good to me :D

You are obviously very wrong! As one can clearly see, the one on the left is a hideous abomination, while the one on the right is the most beautiful car we have ever seen.

How dare you question that fact? :p

SPOILER ALERT:

Both cars look absolutely identical to the untrained eye of a layman like me. :)

EDIT:

Perhaps they look different when viewed from different angles, like in this picture. Of course, it would be the first type of car that does. ;)

That's not all that much due to the tooling, fit and finish should be hand done at the end of the line. Some of that just can't be fixed without spending a bunch more on something. Be it people or tools.
Definitely not just a fitment issue. The panel contours do not line up. I can guarantee that many hours and the best assembly person could not get that to look much better than it is. Shimming, aligning, and adjusting can't compensate for parts that are not stamped correctly.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
Definitely not just a fitment issue. The panel contours do not line up. I can guarantee that many hours and the best assembly person could not get that to look much better than it is. Shimming, aligning, and adjusting can't compensate for parts that are not stamped correctly.

It's one of those things that can't be unseen! I notice that read now on each picture. I've yet to see the passenger rear showing the alignment issues. Does this seem to be limited to the drivers side rear door?

It's one of those things that can't be unseen! I notice that read now on each picture. I've yet to see the passenger rear showing the alignment issues. Does this seem to be limited to the drivers side rear door?
Now that you mention, I do recall seeing it being primarily on the driver side only. Passenger side kind of has it, but not nearly as severe. Very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.