Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on going by so I can see the colors in person to help me decide before my invite so hope they will allow first day pre-reveal reservation holders to do that much. My delivery estimate says Jan. to Mar. 2018 and I'll be in that area last week of this month. Being that I'm a non-owner/employee, that estimate may be optimistic but I still need to decide on the color before the day comes to confirm.

We tried to get in the Marina Del Rey Delivery Center and they would not let us in (last week of December). Seeing the car in person is very critical in my eyes. We were thinking Midnight Silver Metallic as well until we saw them all in person at the Fremont Delivery Center. We started considering Red, White, and Blue at that point and I am really wanting Blue right now. This car looks a bit dull in Silver and Midnight Silver in my opinion but you should see for yourself. Perhaps look for a meetup in the area that owners will bring their cars to? LA and OC have some good clubs with very accommodating owners. We got to test drive a Blue one on December 30th in Orange County courtesy of a very nice new owner who let many folks drive his car. It was a very nice experience.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
What, no vins?!?

After seeing @Zaxxon 's post about Model 3s at the Littleton service center, I went over during my lunch today so I could finally see one in person. Got to see both the white and midnight silver shown above. Beautiful!! Didn't take pictures since @Zaxxon already posted some. Don't remember exact vins but both were less than 1000, so nothing to write home about. I think I want Black or Blue, so I'll still have to keep a look out for those colors still.

After seeing @Zaxxon 's post about Model 3s at the Littleton service center, I went over during my lunch today so I could finally see one in person. Got to see both the white and midnight silver shown above. Beautiful!! Didn't take pictures since @Zaxxon already posted some. Don't remember exact vins but both were less than 1000, so nothing to write home about. I think I want Black or Blue, so I'll still have to keep a look out for those colors still.

Funny, I also am leaning Blue. If you end up spotting one over there, let me know. I got a glancing look at the blue one that was leaving but would love to see one up close before I have to configure.

Reactions: PaulJB
So you did your Kettleman drive from the other topic without EAP. How was it driving your basic CC?

Really can't compare with Enhanced as I've never come in contact with it.
Anyway CC was normal. Adjust on screen in 1 mph intervals by touching + or - . Wasn't intuitive on how to disable so used the 'brake tap' to disengage. I'm sure it's in the owners manual - but who reads manuals? Too busy driving. Really fun driving thru hills with curves!!! CC was for the Interstate.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo and Skryll
I don’t see the option to purchase it on MyTesla yet...but legally they shouldn’t be charging sales tax in California

People say that, but I've never been convinced. Could a car company say the car costs $1, but it will cost $50,000 to get an OTA unlock to start it? Oh by the way, you won't pay any sales tax. This isn't a software product you are buying, it's OTA activation of a hardware feature built into the car. I'm pretty sure that they charge sales tax because the state requires them to.

No, the hardware is in the car, enabled, and in-use already. You are just turning on additional software features.

From the Tesla web site describing the EAP option:

"The enhancements include going from one to four cameras for increased accuracy."

Also, the electronic software tax exemption is for software programs delivered electronically, not in physical form. The EAP software is delivered with your car, it is only activated remotely.

The fact is that they charge sales tax for it. Complain all you want, you'll still have to pay the tax.

No, the hardware is in the car, enabled, and in-use already. You are just turning on additional software features.
The hardware and software are already in the car, and the AP software just needs to be enabled. Unfortunately, this means that AP software isn't excluded from taxation, because it's delivered with the car and enabled when you pay for it.

http://caltax.org/CustomSoftwareSalesTaxExemption.pdf

I suppose Tesla could try installing all of the AP software OTA after a customer purchases a vehicle, but I imagine they would really piss off the state/franchise tax board, and they would have to separate the safety features from the AP features in the software the car came with.

The hardware and software are already in the car, and the AP software just needs to be enabled. Unfortunately, this means that AP software isn't excluded from taxation, because it's delivered with the car and enabled when you pay for it.

http://caltax.org/CustomSoftwareSalesTaxExemption.pdf

I suppose Tesla could try installing all of the AP software OTA after a customer purchases a vehicle, but I imagine they would really piss off the state/franchise tax board, and they would have to separate the safety features from the AP features in the software the car came with.

Does Tesla allow you to activate EAP within 30 days, post delivery without being charged the extra 1k? If they do, this would a loop hole??

Status
Not open for further replies.