Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of my car with wrapped chrome and some carbon fiber accents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I did the window trim first. I'll do the mirrors, front end, door sills, and handles next.

Glad I could be of service. :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,417
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,328
I hear you, it's a matter of taste... I just didn't like the plasticky look of the cone...

As for tints, believe it or not, they are already at the legal limit for Quebec... it's a really sunny day here, so it might not show too much... they actually look darker "in person".

I agree with you. My only beef with the looks of the car are that damn nosecone. Not sure the carbon fiber completely fixes it though. I think it needs like some grill element to it.

Zax,

Do you know what make and "model" of tint film was applied to your windows?

Cheers!

Hi Jeeps!

My installer uses "SunTek" and I believe I used the CXP model, but I'd have to ask him.

I'm very happy with the look/shade of black, and it also helps to block more sun. I've noticed that if the sun is coming in from the back of the driver's side window, the diminutive sun visor doesn't completely cover. Having tints helps a bit...

Hello Zax,

Don't know if you remember, but we met at the Renot Depot in Candiac a couple of month ago. I was seating my kids in the 3rd row of my black Cephara and you stopped right behind us.
Love the work you did on your car man, it looks awesome with a lot less chrome ! Really nice.

I need to tint my windows and hatch too, and rather sooner then later because my kids are sweating like hell back there on the sunny days. Could you tell me where you got your windows tinted ?
I really like the work they've done on your car and I've had so many bad experiences with cheap looking tinting that I could use a good contact. :)

Thanks a lot, and if you wanna do a road trip or such sometime ... I'm always in !

Cheers

Hello Zax,

Don't know if you remember, but we met at the Renot Depot in Candiac a couple of month ago. I was seating my kids in the 3rd row of my black Cephara and you stopped right behind us.
Love the work you did on your car man, it looks awesome with a lot less chrome ! Really nice.

I need to tint my windows and hatch too, and rather sooner then later because my kids are sweating like hell back there on the sunny days. Could you tell me where you got your windows tinted ?
I really like the work they've done on your car and I've had so many bad experiences with cheap looking tinting that I could use a good contact. :)

Thanks a lot, and if you wanna do a road trip or such sometime ... I'm always in !

Cheers

Hi Golo!

I got my tints done at Vitres Teintees GL. The contact there is Patrick, he's very nice, and his number is 514-264-6390. He's in Chateauguay. He'll have remembered doing my car if you want to refer to it.

He did do the back hatch, and although I don't have the rear seats (wish I did), it looks really good.

What process did you use for the door handles? I have a brown Model S and would like to have them painted to match the car. The alternative was to use a carbon fiber wrap on the handles. I am hoping that painting the handles will be easy and reliable.

@Zax: Your car looks fantastic - one minor suggestion would be to cut out the TESLA letters on the liftgate applique - I've seen that on another blacked out Tesla and it looks great :). I also like that you dipped the license plate frame - much more stealth look :)

Regarding wrapping the lower trim - it is possible if you use a primer film first. One of my fellow Danish TMS owners done it. I got my lower trim painted (and also the rear diffuser). I have a pearl white and wanted it to match 100%. Here a link for the primer film:

SOTT Primer Film 9900-XPF Bonding Aid for Textured Surfaces