Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up my '21 tomorrow. Woot!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10th digit in your VIN designates model year. It's an alphabet system, so for 2021, your 10th digit should be 'M'.

If you want the 371 EPA rating, you need to look at the battery pack. Rev H is the one with the 371 rating. There are some late 2020 models that have the H pack. But all 2021 MYs have the H pack.

Tesla changed to new model year designations near the end of the current year for next model year. I think they have did this the last couple of years. I don't remember. But they're doing this across the line now. All Oct build cars are MY 2021 cars.

-ThinkMac-
Just got my VIN today and it has an M in the VIN!! I just set my pickup for November 25th with an order date of November 18th, that is a lot faster than I expected.

Reactions: andrewdtran
Just got my VIN today and it has an M in the VIN!! I just set my pickup for November 25th with an order date of November 18th, that is a lot faster than I expected.
Wow...fast. Where are you located in SoCal? What are the specs of your order? I ordered on 9/26 and I’m still waiting. I received a text 2.5 weeks ago stating to be expecting it in 1-3 weeks. Still nothing.

My order is a LR+ MSM on White Interior, 6 seat, no FSD and with 20” wheels.

Wow...fast. Where are you located in SoCal? What are the specs of your order? I ordered on 9/26 and I’m still waiting. I received a text 2.5 weeks ago stating to be expecting it in 1-3 weeks. Still nothing.

My order is a LR+ MSM on White Interior, 6 seat, no FSD and with 20” wheels.

I ordered a LR+ red with White interior, 7 seat, no FSB with 20" wheels. I didn't see an inventory car like mine in SoCal or NorCal so maybe someone cancelled their order or rejected the vehicle?

I ordered a LR+ red with White interior, 7 seat, no FSB with 20" wheels. I didn't see an inventory car like mine in SoCal or NorCal so maybe someone cancelled their order or rejected the vehicle?
BTW, did you get the $1500 Clean Fuel rebate added to your order? You lose the SCE (if you’re in SCE territory) $1000 but the Clean Fuel rebate is instant at the time of purchase and is $500 more.

BTW, did you get the $1500 Clean Fuel rebate added to your order? You lose the SCE (if you’re in SCE territory) $1000 but the Clean Fuel rebate is instant at the time of purchase and is $500 more.

Yes, they automatically deducted $1500 and I can also get the $1000 SCE Clean Fuel rebate. That is still available until the end of December. Plus my local air quality board is providing $500.

Yes, they automatically deducted $1500 and I can also get the $1000 SCE Clean Fuel rebate. That is still available until the end of December. Plus my local air quality board is providing $500.
You can actually get one or the other. Look at the rules of the Clean Fuel rebate. Not sure if they check but I am positive that that’s a rule. If they don’t check, then great!

Edit: Here’s the link stating so

Clean Fuel Reward Program | SCE Clean Fuel Reward Program

06F168FA-FFB7-41AB-B201-743EE6C12E26.jpeg

You can actually get one or the other. Look at the rules of the Clean Fuel rebate. Not sure if they check but I am positive that that’s a rule. If they don’t check, then great!

Edit: Here’s the link stating so

Clean Fuel Reward Program | SCE Clean Fuel Reward Program

View attachment 610898
I missed that eligibility requirement, I guess I won't apply for that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will use that as a selling point for my Model S since someone purchasing it can apply for the $1000 SCE rebate through the end of December. Tesla offered me $24,500 as a trade in which is really low compared to what I see them offered for sale.

No problem! $500 is better than $0 and it's at point of sale too. So you still made out.

You mentioned a local air quality board providing $500. Where are you located and which board is this? I'm curious if I can qualify, too.

It's the Antelope Valley Air Quality Board, they used to have $5000. rebates. I got that with my 2012 Chevy Volt.
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District has a $2500 rebate, I wish I could qualify for that one.

Just found out from my adviser that my vehicle has a 11/12 build date for a vehicle I ordered on 11/18, so hopefully just a cancelled order and not a rejected vehicle.

We're keeping our '16 6 seater, so no point getting another 6 seater. Kids complaining about lack of arm rest on 6-seater middle seats. Like you, we hardly use the 3rd row seats anymore, now that kids are grown. When they were younger, they enjoy being all the way in the back.

I wanted the fold-flat feature to store extra stuff when dropping kids off @ college. 6-seater was harder to manage storage and load bigger items.

Road-trips are mostly wife & I, so we don't care about the AC issues for the back. Although with the 5-seater, it feels more claustrophobic. Just because I think the it's missing that center seat in the 6-seater, it feels more open.

-ThinkMac-
Why did you decide to keep your first Model X?

My son is @ 2nd year in college, so he might start needing a car (once they're able to get back to campus).

Lifetime free supercharging, LTE access.
Trade-in value from Tesla was very low.
Carbon fibre trim with alcantera dash.
Ventilated seats (I'm not a fan, but people seem to like it enough).
No major problems.
7-seater, for those occasions when I need to carry more people I guess.

I think the main reason was the trade-in, if it was high enough, I would have considered trading it in.

I used it for business, and will convert it to personal use next year. So trading it in would have knocked some write-off value off the new X.

I think those are the top reasons.

But of course, the biggest reason of them all. Need a backup Tesla for the 200th times all my other Teslas are in the shop and I don't want to use the Uber credits. I kid.

-ThinkMac-

Why did you decide to keep your first Model X?