Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up Our Model Y Today..Good Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after rejecting our Model Y for defects back in late September, today we finally picked up our new Model Y (VIN 603xx)). Everything was fine. One thing I we did notice driving home on the highway was the ac would blow cold at around 73. After a few minutes, it started blowing warm air. If we turned it down 1 degree, it would start blowing cold again. Not sure what is going on there or if anyone else has had this issue. All doors looked fine, seats were fine, the charge port door lined up fine, rear tail lights looked fine.

Also, I noticed that the Y isn't showing up as a second Tesla on my app yet and the app isn't loading the car for my wife on her phone. They say it takes up to 24 hours to show up. Hoping they are correct. So, for now using the card key.

Attachments

• TeslaY.jpg
    TeslaY.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 95
  • TeslaYb.jpg
    TeslaYb.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: mrau and Ormond
I received my MY in June; this summer I found that the climate control is a bit sensitive. I normally would set it to 69F or 70F for cold air. Sometimes 71F would result in warm air from the vents.

I would suggest becoming familiar with the voice commands, especially for the wipers and the climate control. You can press the scroll button on the right side of the steering wheel and for example say "I'm hot" and the MY will lower the climate control by 3 degrees.

Try logging out of the Tesla account and logging back in to see if your MY appears on the app.

One thing I did notice today when looking closer. The drivers side door handle sits in a little more than the other 3. All doors close easily but I did notice the drivers side front door sits very minimally out from the f front edge oft he rear door. Not a big deal but thinking it's related to the door handle sitting too far in. Going to schedule a mobile service to have this fixed. Anyone else have this door handle thing?

One thing I did notice today when looking closer. The drivers side door handle sits in a little more than the other 3. All doors close easily but I did notice the drivers side front door sits very minimally out from the f front edge oft he rear door. Not a big deal but thinking it's related to the door handle sitting too far in. Going to schedule a mobile service to have this fixed. Anyone else have this door handle thing?

The exterior left rear door handle does the same on my car. It also sticks a little when operating. I read a DIY on this somewhere on the forum. May have been for a Model 3. An easy fix, but have scheduled it for the SC to address. Easy enough to live with in the meantime. Glad your delivery experience went well this time around. My home delivery went well also.

*added on edit. It took a day for the car to show up on my app. You can call your SA for help on this if need be.