Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of charger installations at private parking spaces in HK apartment blocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I'm very new here and just ordered 70D. :)
i got the same situation for installing a charger at apartment carpark, the process is now pending on MO approval, and the quotation are made already.
god bless my MO is the sort of open minded. But who knows just can wait and see.

Having problems with management with regards to my P85D coming in August. They are happy for me to install the charger however can only provide a standard 13A line, as the carpark 'wasn't designed' for this purpose. The apartment only has about 80+ units so gaining enough owners to warrant one seems unlikely either. Any suggestions? At this rate I might have to deal with this and just go to a supercharger when I need...

Having problems with management with regards to my P85D coming in August. They are happy for me to install the charger however can only provide a standard 13A line, as the carpark 'wasn't designed' for this purpose. The apartment only has about 80+ units so gaining enough owners to warrant one seems unlikely either. Any suggestions? At this rate I might have to deal with this and just go to a supercharger when I need...

The Tesla wall connector is adjustable upon installation: 10A, 16A, 32A or 40A. Due to de-rating, the circuit breakers for those are 16A, 20A, 40A and 50A respectively.

Even at 10A, that is 2.2kW, or about 26kWh overnight (12 hours). Something like 100km of range added. Do you drive more than 100km a day?

If you can get a 20A breaker, that would be a very respectable rate for overnight charging. But, unless you drive a lot, even a standard 16A breaker (which is what is behind your 13A BS1363 socket) may be sufficient.

I shouldn't be doing more than 100km, but it's a case of wanting the most of what you're paying for I guess. I've paid for a car with dual chargers, would be nice to be able to use it!

From what I hear, government are switching to emphasise 32A single and three phase for public charging. You'll get plenty of use for your dual chargers when/if that happens.

IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1175.JPG

I just had my charger installed today at my building. All in it cost me just under HK$20k with Sung Hing.

Its a 40A single phase charger. In theory that should mean in theory it would charge my 70D (which is supposed to arrive in Late October/November after having ordered in June) from dead to 80% in around 8 hours. That works for me, as I would charge overnight.

All that's missing is the car - I have my Merc E class parking in an EV spot NOW! Can't wait for that to change.

I just had my charger installed today at my building. All in it cost me just under HK$20k with Sung Hing.

Its a 40A single phase charger. In theory that should mean in theory it would charge my 70D (which is supposed to arrive in Late October/November after having ordered in June) from dead to 80% in around 8 hours. That works for me, as I would charge overnight.

All that's missing is the car - I have my Merc E class parking in an EV spot NOW! Can't wait for that to change.

Gubes, what is the name of your building and management company?

Except Serenade, can other Tesla owners who were successful in installing a charger advise theirs as well?

I just talked to a member of the owners' committee of the estate that I live in, who said that he would help bring the issue of installation of chargers up in the next meeting. I can refer to him those estates and management companies that allowed the installation and he would follow up.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Name of Buildings is Cape Mansions (Mount Davis Road, Pok Fu Lam). Management company is Savills. Company doing the installation was Sung Hing.

With respect to a previous question relating to the length of the cable? I do not recall, but I think it was over 20 meters as they had to run it from a fuse box on the 3rd floor, from memory.

Name of Buildings is Cape Mansions (Mount Davis Road, Pok Fu Lam). Management company is Savills. Company doing the installation was Sung Hing.

With respect to a previous question relating to the length of the cable? I do not recall, but I think it was over 20 meters as they had to run it from a fuse box on the 3rd floor, from memory.

Many thanks, Gubes!