Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos from Sunday, October 2, 2011 (Model S event)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently in vacation, but have a few more shots to post when I return (though I think I already posted those I liked best).

Excellent choice, and explains why your shots look better than my iPhone's. :tongue: (Mind you I was forwarding shots for the forum, so it was rather more convenient.)

Plus I knew what to expect and was less distracted by trying to follow news (which weren't anymore). Also emphasized shooting over trying to interview Tesla employees. (Had a sense the full story on charging wasn't ready for the public yet, in any case.) So I made a lot of shots and later selected. But, I really liked yours (as well as Nigel's) for almost-live-reporting.

I'd definitely stick with Canon if you upgrade; Nikon passed the baton to Canon when things went digital, IMHO. (We get to test a lot of cameras at work.) The 5D Mk II gets a big thumbs up.

While the just-announced 1Dx seems to be what I'd hope for in a camera, I'd hesitate to spend that amount of money on a camera. Might wait for the 5d3 before I upgrade.

I'll be posting more shots, one-by-one, instead of in sets...

Is Ali smiling?
attachment.php?attachmentid=3393.jpg

_MG_0614.jpg

Did TM put white epoxy on the floor of the entire NUMI plant? That stuff is kind of expensive just to put on the floor of your garage. I can't imagine how much they spent to do a couple acres!
(it does look cool... once I get a house with a garage, I'll put that white epoxy under my EV's)

I overheard someone talking about it at the factory tour.
Something like "It is an Elon personal touch to make his factory look like a computer server room." (same at SpaceX I think)... Something else said about the board questioning the cost, but got convinced to do it.

The factory is so huge though - some distant areas haven't been painted...

Last edited: