Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App Not Fully Functional

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my Tesla phone app suddenly does not seem to be connecting to the vehicle - or perhaps the internet? It works as a key but when i am in the house the charge level is greyed out and I cannot select the menu choices (set charge level, climate, etc). At the bottom the spinning icon shows it trying to connect and discplays 'connected yesterday'

I do appear to be signed in. Any suggestions?

Yeah, maybe. This is not trying to be a smart alack, just to the point. I doubt anyone can pinpoint what the cause is.
But its highly likely - its not you. (Its not me either, but) Its not on your end/side. Could be temporary outage of cell service or if you are home Internet access so your cell is not on wifi and cell has not kicked in. Or could be something at the mothership that is down.

Anyway. how do you fix it? Do nothing. More likely than not, its not permanent. Don't worry about it. It will start working later, on its own 0 is my guess. We've seen this before. And thankfully, not as often as it used to be.

Ok..thanks. Definitely not wifi or connectivity from my phone. Will see if it comes back later. Did not want to Uninstall and reinstall the app.

I did change the charge level from within the vehicle and received a notification on the phone shortly after that charging completed. But within the app functions are still not there.

I will give some time.

Happened twice to me. Nothing worked as you say, Everything grayed out in my phone app. In both incidences I uninstalled Bluetooth and reinstalled it and the app worked. One location didn’t have cell service at all. The other location had very weak cell service. Now I always carry my key card for backup just in case...