Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice the new bug on the charging screen in the Android app? You can increase the charge percentage easily but it is a lot harder to decrease it. At first, I couldn't get it to go down at all but I finally found I could wiggle my finger down below the arrow and eventually get it to move. If I continue to hold my finger down, I could then drag it to where I wanted it.

Any one know if the Supercharger status on the phone app will show how many bays are occupied? That's what I'd love to have on the phone and hope that's what is being added, as there are several apps that show charger locations.

I do not see the scheduling service... looks like under " control " settings the car icon is not formatted correctly so the horn, lights etc are over it. This is a bug clearly at least on my iphone XS MAX.

Well this is odd. The "Schedule Service" option was there when I downloaded the app to my iPhone earlier this evening. But now it's gone. Anyone else have that happen? (Then again maybe I was imagining it... :) )

See photo.. I do not see schedule service with new update one phone.

Attachments

• 50BEB8F6-1642-4B6F-AEC3-EE2291BDE4D4.png
    50BEB8F6-1642-4B6F-AEC3-EE2291BDE4D4.png
    640.5 KB · Views: 94
I'm not sure if this has been posted in here in this huge thread yet but don't trust the suggested chargers in the Tesla app. The distances to the suggested chargers are way off!

I almost had a huge problem yesterday when navigating to the nearest charger with low battery on my Model S. When picking up my car after a being abroad for a couple of days I had 34 km of range remaining. The app told me there was a charger at 14 km distance. Even though it was cold outside this shouldn't have been a problem to reach. Yet, as soon as I planned the route the actual distance to the charger turned out to be 26 km. I ended up making it to the charger with 1 km of range remaining!
This was only capable by driving 60 km/h on the Belgian motor ways (120 km/h speed limit) with my hazard lights on, heating turned off completely and windows open to stop windshield from fogging up (it was 4° C).

So anyway, I'm just running through some of the suggestions in the app from my office. First current suggestion is Brugge, Belgium at 50 km distance. Actual distance according to Google Maps: 104 km!
Lokeren: 58 km, actual: 78 km
Antwerp: 64 km, actual: 80 km

I've included some screenshots with Tesla/Maps comparison
IMG_4675.png IMG_4676.png IMG_4673.png IMG_4674.png

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
I'm not sure if this has been posted in here in this huge thread yet but don't trust the suggested chargers in the Tesla app. The distances to the suggested chargers are way off!

I almost had a huge problem yesterday when navigating to the nearest charger with low battery on my Model S. When picking up my car after a being abroad for a couple of days I had 34 km of range remaining. The app told me there was a charger at 14 km distance. Even though it was cold outside this shouldn't have been a problem to reach. Yet, as soon as I planned the route the actual distance to the charger turned out to be 26 km. I ended up making it to the charger with 1 km of range remaining!
This was only capable by driving 60 km/h on the Belgian motor ways (120 km/h speed limit) with my hazard lights on, heating turned off completely and windows open to stop windshield from fogging up (it was 4° C).

So anyway, I'm just running through some of the suggestions in the app from my office. First current suggestion is Brugge, Belgium at 50 km distance. Actual distance according to Google Maps: 104 km!
Lokeren: 58 km, actual: 78 km
Antwerp: 64 km, actual: 80 km

I've included some screenshots with Tesla/Maps comparison
View attachment 369545 View attachment 369546 View attachment 369547 View attachment 369548
As with most navigation software, it initially shows the distance "as the crow flies". Such distances can instantly be calculated with formulas via GPS coordinates without taking actual routes into account. Once you choose to navigate to a destination, then it actually tries to calculate a route on roads. All GPS navigation programs I've used have worked this way for decades.

As with most navigation software, it initially shows the distance "as the crow flies". Such distances can instantly be calculated with formulas via GPS coordinates without taking actual routes into account. Once you choose to navigate to a destination, then it actually tries to calculate a route on roads. All GPS navigation programs I've used have worked this way for decades.
Google maps, Waze and Apple map all give the road distance both initially and after you select directions. None of the give line-of-sight distance