Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way the Tesla app could be made to extended the display and touch interface of my iPhone to the screen in the car?
No. Phone screen mirroring of the display isn't something that is offered.
Umm, you CAN do it. Not OEM.

Just get the HDMI hack into the display via the backup camera setting (you can search these terms) and you'll see how. No touch but it will mirror your phone screen.

I
Ok, so I can connect to the car. It does not recognize my phone/profile so when I walk up to the car the door handles pop out, but goes to my wifes profile, seat all the way up...etc. I have to click on the profiles and manually select mine so the seat goes into position.
I cannot look at the camera at all. I click " live camera" it circles and goes right back to the app main screen.
Homelink wasnt work , now it does.
venting the windows works.
This all seemed to start after the software update that allows you to see all four cameras at once.

I found a post on this forum about the battery and how it holds data and it needs to be cleared on my cell
. I did that and this is where

I have, by gum, had the very occasional problem like this. Others have mentioned that problems as you describe sometimes appear after a software update, presumably because the software update scrambles the key data somehow.

The last time this happened, it got somewhat painful to fix. The general idea: Delete all keys except the key cards, and delete the driver profiles. User ids (the email addresses) and all. And the bluetooth connections to the phones as well. You get the idea.

I then very carefully added our two phones, then added the driver profiles, properly linked to each phone, and got the bluetooth connection on each working.

The painful part: Seat positions, driving configuration buttons, and all had to be re-entered. Then the favorites on the radio/streaming and so on.

But, when it was all done, the weirdness was also gone.

I haven't found a better solution, but somebody else may have.
I thought I would follow on the resolution. I bought a new s24 ultra transferred all the data over and BOOM the same problems ( no cameras, could not log into the mobile app ) . So I was researching on the forum here and elsewhere.
The resolution was to turn the WIFI off on the car !! The mobile app let me connect to the car and the 4 display camera screen display started working. Tesla was less than helpful, they just stopped responding and completely blew me off. So I was just living with the issue, I could get in the car and it would let me connect to the app, but the cameras just stop would not let me view them.