Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: Android Beta Version introduced!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my gosh....could it be? I downloaded the iPhone app and logged in and it says "Mobile App Remote Access is off" on the car. It showed my VIN. Could it be communicating with my car indicating it is all complete? It is still at the factory in Fremont and I am waiting for a status update. It's been born and is ALIVE!

Last edited:
I downloaded and looked at the iphone app this morning. I was especially curious about the internal temp.... It was showing low 40s which should be about right for my garage this morning. Turning on the heater 5 mins before i left for work was a pretty nice experience.

This is the most amazing thing. I'm absolutely thrilled with it! Like so much of the Model S, this is the way of the future and I'll never be able to buy/own a car without connectivity like ths again. BTW, the app handles a two Model S family beautifully. I'm able to see and interact with both cars on my app and switch back and forth seamlessly. Right now, I'm watching my husband's progress on his way into work and heating my car in the garage before driving the younglings to school. Really, really thrilled!! Thank you Tesla!!!

Last edited:
Anyone know what happens if you turn on the heat remotely when NOT charging with the intent of leaving soon and then you forget?
Will it keep on draining the battery or does it shut off after a set time?

I did this the other day (with my wife's Android phone) and it stopped after a while. Noting is cooler than coming out to a oven of a car when it is near freezing and windy outside.

I did this the other day (with my wife's Android phone) and it stopped after a while. Noting is cooler than coming out to a oven of a car when it is near freezing and windy outside.

I think it's controlled by the thermostat. Once the cabin reaches your desired temp it should maintain that temp. If the battery level goes down to a certain level it will shut off completely.

Thx for the tip. Bummer that it appears to be a poorly behaved app.

Namely, it goes fullscreen and the "un full screen" button makes it a full size window (ok, it lets you see your taskbar) that is not resizable. Also, there are 8 executables launched to support the thing.

Uninstalling now...
Just a quick warning for other victims...

As is common for poorly behaved apps, the uninstaller for Bluestacks on the PC is also poorly behaved. Namely, it pops some UI showing it to be uninstalling and removes itself from the installed programs list BUT leaves 2 processes running, doesn't empty its "Program Files (x86)" directory, and leaves shortcuts referencing stuff in that directory.

You'll want to kill the 2 processes and remove the directory + shortcuts manually when uninstalling.