Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking on this thread since I ordered on Nov 30. I haven't seen many other posts from people that ordered around the same time as me, but I'm sure they're out there. So, for what it's worth, here is my data for comparison!

P3, white ext, black int, no FSD
Order date: 11/30/19
No VIN (not in source either)
No delivery date
My Telsa account went to the second checkmark (pictured) on 12/6/19

Advisor has assured me several times that I will def take delivery before 12/31, but man am I doubting that after reading through all these posts!
upload_2019-12-8_17-43-46.png

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

New to the forum but have been checking out what people have been saying about when they have ordered and whether or not a VIN has been assigned. I placed my order on 11/19 for a performance, black on white with no FSD. Received a text last Friday 12/6 for a scheduled pickup on 12/14. I'm supposed to pick it up in Decatur, GA (Atlanta area). When I mean supposed to, I mean I am deciding whether to cancel my order and wait until I move back to Nashville, TN in the next few months as there is a Tesla dealership right down the road from where I will be living. In short I ordered and was given delivery date within a month's time.

Model 3 Performance: Black on White
Ordered Date: 11/19
Scheduled Delivery Date: 12/14

I don't particularly want a white interior, but it seems like they're getting the priority. Is it possible to be matched with a white interior VIN more quickly than black? If so, is requesting a change an option?

I ordered a white on black M3P with FSD on 11/26 (Raleigh, NC), which I know is more recently than most have been waiting, just want to improve my odds of getting one before EoY if possible.

I don't particularly want a white interior, but it seems like they're getting the priority. Is it possible to be matched with a white interior VIN more quickly than black? If so, is requesting a change an option?

I ordered a white on black M3P with FSD on 11/26 (Raleigh, NC), which I know is more recently than most have been waiting, just want to improve my odds of getting one before EoY if possible.
Last week they switched to black interiors the day after white interiors so I wouldn’t make any changes.

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

New to the forum but have been checking out what people have been saying about when they have ordered and whether or not a VIN has been assigned. I placed my order on 11/19 for a performance, black on white with no FSD. Received a text last Friday 12/6 for a scheduled pickup on 12/14. I'm supposed to pick it up in Decatur, GA (Atlanta area). When I mean supposed to, I mean I am deciding whether to cancel my order and wait until I move back to Nashville, TN in the next few months as there is a Tesla dealership right down the road from where I will be living. In short I ordered and was given delivery date within a month's time.

Model 3 Performance: Black on White
Ordered Date: 11/19
Scheduled Delivery Date: 12/14
I would just pick up the car. I heard they will be focusing on the Model Y in the beginning of the new year so who knows when you get your 3 if you cancel. Again this is just a rumor so who knows. Many of us have been waiting since September and October and have no yet received a VIN so consider yourself lucky!!

not true..I ordered a white interior in sept and all of the deliveries at my local tesla are for black interiors currently

(raleigh)

white on white in september..and people who just ordered in oct and november are already picking up from raleigh..
strange the way things work.

Have you called the service center where you are picking it up to ask them status? They open tomorrow at 10:00 and should be able to tell you what's going on.

No help at all. All they say is, when you get assigned a vin you will get a call. The market manager responded to an email early last week indicating he would look into it and has been crickets since. Called the service center today and the woman told me that the market manager wouldn’t have sent an email to me. Really?