Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Pennsylvania Title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening,

How does getting the title for a Tesla work in PA? I am taking delivery of my Model 3 on Saturday (maybe) and just found out that my credit union wants a PA form MV-1. Does Tesla typically provide this?
From my limited understanding the form is showing that you have paid sales tax on the car, and on the Motor Vehicle Agreement that they sent it shows sales tax being collected.

I just went to my local tag and tittle location with the paper work that Tesla gave me and paid the sales tax. They send my tax off to Harrisburg and a couple of weeks later I got my Tag. Just ran with the tag that was on the car until the new tag came in. I also had the paper work in the car just in case the law stoped me.

Most of the major tag places will print you a reg card, give you a tag, and collect the sales tax. I did mine at AAA when I got Tessie in 2015. Got the tag immediately. (Of course, the vanity plate had to wait until they made that one and sent it to me)

Reactions: madodel
Picked up my car today. Basically they had 2 stacks of paper, one for Tesla's records (I think it was the final MVA) and one for the state and I believe that was the PA form MV-1 (I didn't remember to look though)

But the car had new plates on it, they said I would need to get it inspected somewhere within 10 days, and that I would be getting title documents in 30 to 60 days.

So I didn't have to worry about sales tax or the MV1 form, everything seemed to be taken care of.

Picked up my car today. Basically they had 2 stacks of paper, one for Tesla's records (I think it was the final MVA) and one for the state and I believe that was the PA form MV-1 (I didn't remember to look though)

But the car had new plates on it, they said I would need to get it inspected somewhere within 10 days, and that I would be getting title documents in 30 to 60 days.

So I didn't have to worry about sales tax or the MV1 form, everything seemed to be taken care of.

Did you pick up in Owings Mills? My experience at that location was similar. I had permanent PA plates on the car, and it took a few weeks to get my permanent registration in the mail (and my bank got the electronic title).

Hmm....I'm in a crunch.... I bought a 2015 CPO that was in NY... drove 18.5 hrs from Orlando straight, picked it up an headed back.... yesterday was 3 weeks exactly from purchase...driving on temp tags and plates.... they told me 4-6 weeks for title to arrive! Ugh!

Btw, will be posting pics of front fascia refresh kit once installed, waiting for unplugged performance to ship it.