Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PEM, motor gets too hot -- fans failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, time to replace the fans. I have a 2.5 - ie two separate fans. Does anyone know of an OEM direct replacement (electrical and physical) for the SPAL 009-A70-74D 12V? It looks like they have a 010-A70-74D on their site but no specs. I’ve emailed them. Not looking to convert to the “connected fans on a big backplate with a Y cable” solution (cutting bolts, firmware, sway bar…yikes). Hoping for a simple plug and play replacement…… thanks in advance folks.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the whole assembly for my 2.0

Last edited:
Just to round this up I just got a pair of fans (2 single ones for clarification) for about $300 canadian delivered so about $110 USD each. Best price I could find was from MalpasAirflow. They were the 009-A70-74D without the 3 speed resistor that usually needs bypassing.

• Informative
Reactions: eHorses
Just to round this up I just got a pair of fans (2 single ones for clarification) for about $300 canadian delivered so about $110 USD each. Best price I could find was from MalpasAirflow. They were the 009-A70-74D without the 3 speed resistor that usually needs bypassing.
Thanks for sharing!
Is this the best DIY plug and play option for 2.x roadsters that does not require modification of connectors or change/update to firmware from Tesla? Will these also work for 1.5 roadsters?

Reactions: iamsuperchris