Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Peeling yoke replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reasonably enjoying mine, except for the really stiff turn signals...

Attachments

• IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    829.7 KB · Views: 32
I got mine replaced today. The mobile service guy tried wriggle out saying it’s working (the turn signals, used to fail randomly). But after I told it’s dangerous on road when they don’t work all of a sudden, he called Tesla service center and spoke with someone and agreed to replace it. Works well and has a horn in the center. All good.

Replacement. As I understand it, there are variances in these new yokes. You might get stiff turn signals or you might not. Such is The Way of Tesla.
To update on this. I decided I would pop by Tesla, and have them replace my updated yoke. The replacement turn signals are PERFECT. Not hard to press like my first replacement. So if you end up with a yoke with turn signals needing too firm of a press, get it replaced.

@Muzzman1

To update on this. I decided I would pop by Tesla, and have them replace my updated yoke. The replacement turn signals are PERFECT. Not hard to press like my first replacement. So if you end up with a yoke with turn signals needing too firm of a press, get it replaced.

@Muzzman1
Ah, great! I need to be more picky. I might have accepted thinking that's how they are.

Reactions: aerodyne