Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Window Hitting B-Pillar Glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today when closing the passenger door on our Model Y, I noticed an unusual sound when closing the door that I had never heard before.
Upon closer inspect, the passenger window has begun clipping the B-pillar glass when closing the door.

The window glass extends quite a bit and I am concerned that, given enough force, either the window, b-pillar glass, or both may shatter.

While I presume this will be covered under warranty albeit with the slight inconvenience of a service centre visit, does anyone have any idea why this could have started happening?

This is a Shanghai-built car in Australia, so it's not often we hear of misalignments.

Attachments

• IMG_7514.jpg
    IMG_7514.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7515.jpg
    IMG_7515.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7516.jpg
    IMG_7516.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 19
How old is the car? How many miles?
This should be a simple adjustment, but will require removing the interior door panel to access the window mechanism. It's possible that the mounting hardware just wasn't torqued properly and the window has slipped.
Good luck. Re-post after you've had the problem resolved (I believe Tesla Mobile Service can correct this for you!)