Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensor retrofit - $6000 ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay it looks like nothing has changed. Did you end up getting them and if so was it worth it?
No, I was trying to find a way to reuse my existing bumpers, but I would have had to convince the shop shop to do that. Tesla indicated that they would only sell the parts as a kit and the body shop would not be able to order a subset of the parts, since my VIN does not have sensors.

I did it DIY. Front and rear harnesses, sensors, mounts and controller. Bought an 18.5MM quality hole saw for $7. Used the existing marks in the bumper for drill points. SC enabled it in software. Talk to your SC about parts. Wish I opted for the 12-sensor system as it, too was marked and apparently wired in my P163xx car. There are two identical unused plugs by the new controller (trunk behind left wheel well) to which one would connect the system. 50-50 chance you'll connect the right one. I was in the wrong 50 so it took an extra hour or so to diagnose that, but i'd expect it to only take 30 shop minutes to enable.

Any chance you took some pictures or documented this at all when you were performing the retrofit?