Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensor back-side cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cover for the back-side of the left front parking sensor (in the wheel well) is missing on my MS. I have an upcoming mobile appointment with Tesla to replace a headlight, so I add this to the list. They sent a quote for parts and labor of $140 to replace the whole wheel well cover - (Correction: Wheel Arch Liner - Front - 2nd Generation - LH (Remove & Replace)). Can I just buy the cover for the radar sensor and replace it myself?

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 236
I believe it’s actually a part of the parking sensor wiring harness as this cover attach to the sensor bracket. So they might need that harness instead. I might be wrong as well, haven’t looked up from the part catalogue. Are you sure it’s lost, have you looked behind the wheel well liner?

I found this part

I think that is the right part. I also messaged through the Tesla app to let them know I only need the sensor cover, not the whole wheel liner. I'll see what they say.
Yep that is 100% the part, those little holes around the edges of the grommet secure onto the wheel liner.

… those little holes around the edges of the grommet secure onto the wheel liner.
That double lip side is the one that sets it to be right with the wheel liner. There are actually two main holes (seen on the second foto of the add) that will line with the sensor bracket attached to the bumper. In order not to brake this cover you need to release those two holes before attempting to remove the bumper.