Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Lights Not Turning Off After Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I’m quoting myself…

How about an alert or door chime to remind that lights or parking lights are still on? Again - easy setting/fix.
If this is the new norm and not a bug then yes I agree there should at least be a warning. But not only immediately after you open the door but also a push notification and also the ability to turn off the lights in the app.

Reactions: GSP and ib604
Huh. I have never left my parking lights on (while not inside the car) along a busy highway.

I have used my European parking lights (one side only) back in my VW days.

Actually, I’d like to find away to add Euro Parking lights to the MYP also.

How about an alert or door chime to remind that lights or parking lights are still on? Again - easy setting/fix.
I have the FSD Beta and was happy to get updated to the latest general software release to get the latest features. Unfortunately, I found my parking lights did not turn off when exiting the car. I switch to parking lights before backing into my driveway at night, to avoid disturbing the neighbors. I guess it makes sense to keep parking lights on when parked, but a "lights on" warning would be very helpful.

I also like the idea proposed above to switch back to auto lights when shifting to park. That way if you turned on your parking lights while parked they would stay on, but if you turn them on while driving they would shut off after you leave the car.

GSP

I don't really have a problem with the parking lights staying on when you exit the vehicle if that is the setting you have them on instead of auto. I do however have a problem with the car not notifying you in any way that you are about to walk away from leaving lights on that wont automatically turn off. Every other car dings or makes some sort of sound to notify you that you have to switch your lights off or they will stay on. What if you were driving with your parking lights on to the airport to go away for a few weeks? Luckily this hasn't happened to me.