Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D premium interior option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haha... does ANYONE like the yacht floor? I've never seen it in person. aside from cost, why the hate? what is the purpose of the yacht floor, or is it purely looks?

My wife and I like it, we got it late last year when it was a separate option. Yes it is just for looks. We have no interest in adding a center console. We like the interior of the car clean and simple. No interest in the "extended leather" option.

Is it difficult to add aftermarket interior lighting? I have placed an order that originally included just the lighting. But I revised it to dual motors and the lighting option was no longer available stand-alone. I like the leather upgrade but I'm pushing my (already pushed) budget so I didn't get it. I'm moving off of a 2013 Mercedes S which did have the ambient lighting. I liked it a lot!

Is it difficult to add aftermarket interior lighting? I have placed an order that originally included just the lighting. But I revised it to dual motors and the lighting option was no longer available stand-alone. I like the leather upgrade but I'm pushing my (already pushed) budget so I didn't get it. I'm moving off of a 2013 Mercedes S which did have the ambient lighting. I liked it a lot!

We don't know. If the wiring is there it's "easy". I asked my local SC and they didn't know since they have yet to see a D car.

@EarlyAdopter: How does the extended leather compare to vehicles without it? Very noticeable? Can you retro fit LED's?

Not terribly noticeable, particularly if you've never had the leather to compare to. I'm stuck, since I've had it for a long time I _would_ know the difference. But if this is your first Model S, the plastic Tesla uses is pretty nice looking, not cheap and you'd probably never think twice about it. The Nappa leather just has a finer texture, slightly more matte finish.

To this day I'm still not sure whether the dash top is leather or plastic. I'm pretty sure it's plastic, but it looks really convincingly like leather, stitches and all. It's a different grain though, not the fine, smooth, matte finish of the real Nappa leather.