Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Interior only available in black? Tan option no longer available :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots more seat options, but only one black/grey/tan next generation option. All the rest are the old seats, and you can't get the next generation seat wrapped in textile. Sad.

You can't get the next generation seat in textile. That's true. But I'm not following your other remark. We had been told you would be able to select black seats with either black/tan/grey panels/trim. Now it appears you can't do that, but rather the seats are now available in all three colors with the same trim color, the same configuration as before.

You can't get the next generation seat in textile. That's true. But I'm not following your other remark. We had been told you would be able to select black seats with either black/tan/grey panels/trim. Now it appears you can't do that, but rather the seats are now available in all three colors with the same trim color, the same configuration as before.
Huh? Options from the Design studio:

Black (with matching trim): Textile (old seats), Leather (next generation), Leather (old seats), Performance Leather (old seats)
Tan (with matching trim): Leather (next generation), Leather (old seats), Performance Leather (old seats)
Grey (with matching trim): Leather (next generation), Leather (old seats), Performance Leather (old seats)

None of the options have mismatched trim.

Edit: Oh, it took a second. I understand now. You WANT mismatched trim. No, that doesn't currently appear possible.

I'm actually fine with the tan next generation seats. But we had been told that soon we would be able to select alternate trim colors with black next generation seats, presumably because of a supply constraint on the non-black seats. Instead, we got seat color options. Which is fine. Just different then what we were told last week. Definitely a quickly changing environment over at Tesla.

I was actually confused by your original post. Anyway... Moving right along :)

ms_stud_seat_qrlb.png

ms_stud_seat_qrlt.png

ms_stud_seat_qrlg.png