Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 modded to be a P85 w/Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I might be able to get it on a dyno tomorrow afternoon. If so going to charge it to 100%, trailer it there, then plug it in for a bit when I get there to do max battery power heating :D (they have a 240V 30A outlet).

And I'll charge some GoPros.

Hmm. Preliminary testing suggests I might be able to break the 600HP mark with a full warm pack now with the P90D pack I installed. Car was reporting 434kW during the one launch I got before it started pouring on my trip to town just a little while ago.... at ~85% SoC and battery at 22C. Considering my previous best was 439kW with a 100% charge and pack temp at 52C .... and I'm getting 99% of that power at 85% SoC and a 22C pack..... I have a feeling tomorrow's testing is going to be awesome.

This sounds awsome !!!Can't wait for the videos do you think you will be able too put a 100kw pack in it and if so do you think it will make it faster. Also if you could put a 100kw pack in what do you think the range would be ?

The 100 pack would work, and it would increase performance due the the lower voltage drop at the same current pull. It wouldn't be a drastic change in power over the 90 I'd think, however, since the pack would be capable of much more current that I couldn't use with just one motor. So, pretty likely I'm not going to go out of my way to find a 100 pack for this car.

Rated range would work out to roughly 318 miles with a 100 pack and RWD S extrapolating proportionally from Tesla's numbers for other configurations.

Rated range would work out to roughly 318 miles with a 100 pack and RWD S extrapolating proportionally from Tesla's numbers for other configurations.

That would sure be nice. With the large frunk, dual chargers at 80 amps, and 318 miles per charge, it would sure be a great road trip car, especially with all the destination HPWC chargers now out there at hotels.

That would sure be nice. With the large frunk, dual chargers at 80 amps, and 318 miles per charge, it would sure be a great road trip car, especially with all the destination HPWC chargers now out there at hotels.

all he has to do now is install 2.0 hardware, and a facelift front end and he'll be the envy of the town, sounds like a dream car of mine :)

i would actually prefer a 100RWD over a P100RWD for extended range and reduced cost. 4.2 0-60 is still good enough, lol.

Reactions: Canuck
Jason Hughes on Twitter

p90++%20dyno.jpg

Unfortunately I'm an idiot and I left my laptop bag on the dyno with my GoPros and CAN data captures. Won't be able to get it until tomorrow or Friday.

553 HP @ wheels. 480 ft/lbs torque. 456kW @ pack (so 611 battery HP).

Runs were pretty consistent, aside from my start and stops at different speeds.