Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Classic faster after 6.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh, brianman saw ~365 kW peak on his Sig P85 and that was ages ago on like 4.x. Maybe the inverter efficiency has been improved?

Also, 336 kW = 450 hp assumes 100% efficiency from battery pack to motor with no losses.

I'll make some more test, time permitting, but I this is the best I have so far. Its 62F, clear and dry out but the roads are still a bit dirty from last winter...

The max power output I can get so far is 345kW (462hp), of course not at the wheels. See two plots.

First one trying to do 0-60mph but traction limited as you can see on the graph. 5sec flat but I let go just to soon.

Second graph, just punched it at 20mph, no traction problem.

342kW_trip_id_5758_5sec_flat.png

345kW_trip_id_5762.png

- - - Updated - - -

Battery between 85-90%. That's a very important metric that I forgot to add. I might test with higher SOC just in case.

Follow-up, at 90% SOC I just can't get anything above 345kW from the API, this looks like my car's limit (software imposed limit). I will see later what higher SOC gives but I suspect that its indeed the P85 on 6.2 max power output (from the battery).

Follow-up, at 90% SOC I just can't get anything above 345kW from the API, this looks like my car's limit (software imposed limit). I will see later what higher SOC gives but I suspect that its indeed the P85 on 6.2 max power output (from the battery).

@brianman - Care to retest your Sig P85? Reason being that I recall you posted higher kW numbers than Kalud is seeing. Something like 370 kW or so. Less than 10% higher but it'd still be nice to know what's going on.

Ok, here it is:

Peak KW on S60, S85, and P85

Turns out 363 kW was his PR.