Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Retrofit Question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been watching as many of the P100D that are coming out of the factory since February. The latest P100D with a mid mid June build date now have a

1086755-00-D battery.

Some of the early ones were with the revision A battery. Curious what changed between A and D?

Hopefully that means that they have resolved whatever issue they were experiencing, and are now building them quick enough to get the retrofit program started.

The one part number that I haven't been able to understand is this. 1115548-00-A as I found that one only a single P100D that was on the lot with the inventory sticker on it, so I know it wasn't a customer order. I have never seen that part number again, so it still an open question.

I stand corrected. The 1115548-00-A was not on a inventory car, but it was found on an owner's car. I asked the owners on the Tesla Owners Facebook group and he responded with this part number.

So the plot thickens. How is it that he got such a weird part number for his P100D where everyone else that I've spoken to or the cars I found on the lot at the factory and at Dublin are using the other more common part number?

hmmm...

I emailed Tesla last month requesting an update on this, got this reply today...

Our vehicle accessories team will be reaching out to eligible customers in the coming months to confirm interest and take down a deposit for battery packs. After that we’ll work to schedule all customers with their preferred service center.

I can confirm that you are on the eligibility list, so we’ll be reaching out directly via phone/email in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions.​

sounds like we might be getting closer!!

I emailed Tesla last month requesting an update on this, got this reply today...

Our vehicle accessories team will be reaching out to eligible customers in the coming months to confirm interest and take down a deposit for battery packs. After that we’ll work to schedule all customers with their preferred service center.

I can confirm that you are on the eligibility list, so we’ll be reaching out directly via phone/email in the coming weeks.

WOW!!! Your one lucky guy... You're doing the retrofit, right?

Any updates yet? Curious if Tesla has contacted you to confirm interest.

Havent heard anything yet, Ill reach out to my Service Center Tomorrow to find out if they have received such a list... plus it just so happens my car is at the service center right now so they might as well install a 100 pack while its in for service right :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Got an email today from the online support team that my car was not eligible because old style front fascia cars are not eligible for the upgrade. Not sure how upset I am about this or if I am going to pursue further... when they announced the upgrade it was for all p90dl cars.

Got an email today from the online support team that my car was not eligible because old style front fascia cars are not eligible for the upgrade. Not sure how upset I am about this or if I am going to pursue further... when they announced the upgrade it was for all p90dl cars.

The numbers of P90DL are very limited that quality for this retrofit program. From what everyone is able to extrapolate from the conversation on TMC, Tesla own forum, and the many Facebook groups (i.e., no official word of the minimum requirements), you need a P90DL refresh with the v3 battery and it has to be one of the later builds closer to their August 2016 P100D retrofit announcement with the Air Suspension.

It sucks I know, but I think that leaves the majority of all the P90DL out of this retrofit program.

I know there is NOT a lot of info regarding the P100D retrofit for Refreshed P90D/L owners, but I was doing a little math (albeit, I'm sure I may be wrong in my assumptions and calculations below), but I' was just curious as to what will be included in this retrofit (once it's announced).

What we know
=============
The P100D retrofit is coming one day, hopefully.
URL = New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World

Test Scenario #1 (my P90D/L)
=======================
  • 98% SOC
  • Max Battery Set and Ready
  • Range Mode Off
  • Ludicrous Mode engaged
  • Launch Mode used successfully
  • Already at 13000 miles. Picked up July 8, 2016.
0-60 run in 3.2 seconds at 460 kw = 616 hp (power tools used to capture the data). If anyone wants to see the data, I can post it if needed.
My Battery Part # = 1063792-00-A (appears to be v1 of the battery for the P90D/L)

Online Manual within my MS 17" screen says
  • Front Motor = 193 kw
  • Rear Motor = 375 kw
  • Total = 568 kw which is 761 hp at the crank.
Test Scenario #2 (Dragtime's YouTube Video)
====================================
  • Dragtimes in this Youtube Video (as the last run) shows the same setup as mine but in their P100D (URL =
    )
  • 98% SOC
  • Max Battery Set and Ready
  • Range Mode Off
  • Ludicrous+ engaged
  • Launch Mode used successful
His 0-60 was 2.4 seconds at 576 kw = 772 hp
Battery Part # = 10886755-00-A (initial P100D came with this) or 1115548-00-A (some of the latest P100D from the factory come with this) - no idea what the difference is.

Extrapolation
=============
So this is me trying to extrapolate based on this data.
  1. Dragtime's P100D came away with 576kw and I'm sure his motors are rated much higher (would be nice to see what the online manual on the 17" screen indicates in the Specification / Subsystem section)
  2. My P90D/L came away with 460 kw with the manual indicating that the motors are rated at 568.

Question
========
Does this imply that the P100D retrofit for us refreshed P90D/L will also include new drive units with the P100D motors, otherwise wouldn't the kw rate achieve by Dragtimes (576) exceed the rated kw (568) of our current drive units for the P90D/L found in the online manual?

Am I completely off in my thoughts here?
Also keep in mind they are not using stock wheels and they can also shed some weight with different brakes - You can drop about a 100 lbs just getting better brake rotors and wheels. Also if you pull the frunk you lose some weight too.....Then put a skinny kid (think horse jockey) from lower Alabama in the seat who is 110 pounds wet and you get some pretty go times in the quarter mile..

eligible and possible are two different things. facelifted p90dLs are all v3 batteries, thus v3 batteries are the ones eligible for the upgrade.

thing is, thanks to my battery issue i now have a v3 battery in a pre-facelifted car. not saying i will be pursuing the upgrade, perhaps just before i am out of warranty...