Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Own a 2022 ID4 Pro/s but interested in the model 3 performance. Have some questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting 4 years to ditch a car that you don't like will be VERY frustrating.

This for sure.

Any time you spend doing something you don’t enjoy, you are basically paying the universe do that “labor.”

If you commute 40 minutes total 5 days per week, then the commuting around 240 days per year is 160 hours per year. If you make $30/hr, you are basically wasting $4,800 per year in your own “labor.”

Some times that sacrifice is worth it, but some times it isn’t. If you don’t enjoy hand washing dishes, 15 extra minutes a day on this chore could be $10-20 in labor, and it might be worth buying a dishwasher to get that $3,600-7200 per year back. If you don’t enjoy taking care of the lawn, then paying a neighborhood kid to do it is probably worth your time.

I am not saying we don’t have to make sacrifices, but once I actually started explicitly valuing my time I found it much easier to prioritize expenses that keep me most satisfied.

Reactions: jjrandorin