Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orlando Area Tesla Meet-Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bob,

It's possible that club members outside the Orlando area might be interested in a meet-up at the Orlando-Longwood Service Center. I suggested to Nipul that when we have more definitive information I would be happy to do a mass mailing.

Jordan,

As you know I encourage all members to join TMC. However, not everyone has the same level of interest in monitoring and participating the discussion threads.

The purpose of publishing the membership list on a monthly basis is to permit nearby members to email one another to organize local events without having to wait for club leadership to organize an event near them. This of course is a balancing act. We have to avoid flooding our members' in-boxes with invitations to events or communications that they not be interested in.

On the whole so far this hasn't been a problem with one notable exception when I sent out a mass mailing in which the recipients were disclosed. Some members used that list of members to do a series of "reply to all" a number of times and that induced a flood of messages. Since that time I changed the policy such that I only sent out mass mailings with undisclosed recipients and only I am permitted to send out mass mailings to all members.

Larry

On the other hand, if you subscribe to the thread, you will get emails when it is updated.