Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering in Company Name forcing VAT. My Limited company does not have VAT number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends,

Does the company have to be VAT registered to place an order for TESLA Model 3 in a Company name?

I am trying to Order the car (M3) on Tesla Website, the car is to be ordered in the Company name, but TESLA website is not taking the order as it is asking for VAT number as a compulsory required field.

My company is doing business below the threshold and is NOT VAT registered.

Can u help pls?

You could try putting a dummy number in - as your company is not VAT registered it won’t make any difference to your paperwork. Needs to be 9 digits, try 123456789.

Are you using a referral code to place your order, if not I can assist in this area, DM me ;)

My company is VAT exempt too. I spoke to the Edinburgh service centre about this issue. They advised using a dummy VAT number which l did. Model X ordered last month doing this - went through fine. Subsequent phone call to Tesla to explain and to check everything was in order - all good. Fingers crossed for a quick delivery!