Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering from out of state, ran into a glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an in-stock Model S from North Carolina tonight and I live in Kentucky. This is my second Tesla. After I put down the $250 deposit the app wouldn't let me complete the registration, saying I needed to live in South Carolina or North Carolina, so I requested that someone from Tesla call me. Does anyone know offhand why this might have happened? I bought my first Tesla from Ohio - I ordered it - and had no problem buying it in Ohio and bringing it back to Kentucky and paying the sales tax here. I'm not sure why I ran into this glitch tonight. I'm really hoping it works out to get this particular Model S. It's lovely. I can't imagine they're going to say no to selling a $90,000 car, but stranger things have happened.

Text Service Advisor Altaf Khan tomorrow.
He is in DC/Virginia but helped secure the optioned MS I wanted by directing it off the line in California and having it delivered to my local SC in Devon Pennsylvania.

He may have just identified one already headed my way or had it redirected but he got it done.

Altaf Khan +1 (202) 255-7995

Good luck

Reactions: DerbyDave
Text Service Advisor Altaf Khan tomorrow.
He is in DC/Virginia but helped secure the optioned MS I wanted by directing it off the line in California and having it delivered to my local SC in Devon Pennsylvania.

He may have just identified one already headed my way or had it redirected but he got it done.

Altaf Khan +1 (202) 255-7995

Good luck
Thanks!