Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options & Pricing page updated (2012/01/12)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a lot of the people buying the HPC are simply looking to have a second charger, so that the mobile charger can stay stowed away in the car all the time, and they can just pull into their garage and plug in. I could not imagine taking a model s out in the public charging station wasteland that is also known as Cincinnati without at least bringing along the means to pug into a 110 or 220 outlet if I get myself into trouble range wise. As a result, I will either need to buy a second mobile charger, or a HPC.

Surely an extra mobile charger would be much less than $1200?

Hmm, I just reloaded the Pricing & Options page, and Decor Accents for the Performance model still shows only Carbon Fiber. Am I missing something?
I was happy there was more interior options for the performance S. I'm not totally sold on the performance version and I have reservations about the looks of carbon fiber on the interior. Carbon fiber interior just doesn't seem classy. Hopefully Tesla will give us more options as they finalize everything in the next few months.

True, but if you're going for a classy cruiser (or tourer), you may not need the performance package in the first place. I agree though, i get theyre trying to give the P's a distinct look, but something so simple as the inserts should be interchangeable.

I really doubt the CF will be an option for the Sport. The "stealth" campaigners lost and Elon won. He wants the Sport to say "performance" before and after getting into it just like the AMG and M-series do. I think there will be a rear spoiler, probably CF.

I was happy there was more interior options for the performance S. I'm not totally sold on the performance version and I have reservations about the looks of carbon fiber on the interior. Carbon fiber interior just doesn't seem classy.
I worry that CF is going to look dated in a few years. It reminds me of a series of architectural fads, such as the Brutalists with their exposed concrete walls, like the Boston City Hall, and the Structural Expressionism with their exposed systems, like the Pomidou Centre. Neither wear well, in my opinion.
800px-Boston_city_hall.jpg

800px-Pompidou21.jpg

i think both of those buildings look nice myself. In any case, if there were something else i liked, like brushed aluminum, id care more, but the other interior options arent to my taste so im glad to have the cf.

now, how a huge expanse of it will look on that dash is another matter, but that's the case for all the options. Its the dash thats the problem. Your "trim" shouldnt be a huge piece if the puzzle as it is in the s.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

What exactly is the big deal with CF accents? From what I understand, CF is great from an engineering perspective. Light, strong, but expensive. From a style perspective, if you like it, great, but I don't understand why the sport model would require it as the interior option.