Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario licence plate changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks but no thanks :D

I'll have my sharpies ready next time I see said car ;)
upload_2019-4-8_9-54-54.png

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine
A Place to Grow ______

Open ended slogan - yay!

1. Pot/Weed
2. Beer bellies
3. Waistlines
4. Old
5. Food
6. Weeds
7. Trees
8. Industry/pollution
9. Financials
10. Housing? (omg)
11. Populations
12. Culture(s)?
13. Suspicous(ions)?
14. Crazy
15. Lazy
16. Up
17. Beanstalks
18. Beans
19. Tomatos
20. Magic beans?
21. Mushrooms
22. Cynical
23. Deranged
24. Senile
25. Senseless
26. Hopeful
27. Fearful
28. Positivity
29. Negativity
30. And finally, rainbow shitting unicorns.

Cast your votes! Give the plates a new mandate!

Oooo, look what made it past the sugar filters :rolleyes::p:D

Reports of new slogan being "A Place to Grow"

And so it is. Seems pretty innocuous to me. Or is that now going to be twisted into some sort of "bad" phrase that = Doug Ford?

Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything about the elimination of the front plate. And no mention at all about whether Green plates will still exist (that DOES worry me).

And so it is. Seems pretty innocuous to me. Or is that now going to be twisted into some sort of "bad" phrase that = Doug Ford?

Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything about the elimination of the front plate. And no mention at all about whether Green plates will still exist (that DOES worry me).

An easy way to say Ford has done "something". Innocuous, maybe - but with everything else on the table why are license plates and the Trillium design so important? It's a deflection from the budget.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
The new slogan isn't bad. I'm fine with anything other than partisan politics bs tag lines. But it's still not something that needed to happen with all the other pressing issues at hand.

And nice try with trying to make it sound like there wasn't a genuine issue that people had with him possibly using his campaign slogan for the regular plates.

“A place to grow” for personal plates isn’t bad, and it harkens back to a slogan used in 1967 (I believe). There is a “business” overtone there, so it’s on partisan point for Ford. Don’t fool yourself into believing it isn’t. It’s deliberate.

“Open for business” for commercial plates is partisan, politically motivated, and tacky. He put it on road signs entering the province, too. I cringe whenever I drive past one.

I like the new trillium. It’s retro-modern.

Hate the font used (especially) for the Ontario word mark. The font is trendy (2 years ago trendy) and will age poorly. The slogan appears to use a slightly different version of that font family. That VV in GROW (W) is horrendous.

I’m not a huge fan of the dark blue background, but I’m mostly neutral there, White goes with everything (which is why most walls are white), and colour can be used as a nice accent. They should have kept the white and used colour to accent other areas (like they do with the trillium on the green plates, for example).

What’s appalling is that corner trillium light blue treatment on the background. I thought that was a poorly rendered photoshop glare, but no, that’s going on the plate on purpose. The guy who designed the Bell “Bellements” (yes, that’s a thing) campaign must have had a hand in this, or the plate designer was a really big fan of that awful accent idea. At least Bell uses different letters in different placements in their ads.

Most curious about the green plates, obviously. Mine are peeling badly. I may try to get new (old) ones before I’m forced to swallow whatever the replacement plates are.

I like how there is no mention on the status of the existing Green plates, or if there is a cost for the new plates, or the rollout process for these new plates. I would personally rather keep my Green plate, but will have to see what Buck a beer comes up with.

Oh...anyone see the price of regular lately? 5 cents a litre savings right Dougie? :rolleyes:

Ok i'm done.

I like how there is no mention on the status of the existing Green plates, or if there is a cost for the new plates, or the rollout process for these new plates. I would personally rather keep my Green plate, but will have to see what Buck a beer comes up with.

Oh...anyone see the price of regular lately? 5 cents a litre savings right Dougie? :rolleyes:

Ok i'm done.

Give it time. I'm sure Dougie will find a way to tax EVs instead - he's that vindictive. Just look at the way he's dealing with Toronto's municipal government and tell me that it's got nothing to do with him losing the election here.

Reactions: Techniques