Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year Anniversary! Add your anniversary photos here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of photos (since I missed the boat on taking any on the day itself), I'll post some stats from my one-year Model S anniversary (two days earlier than Leilani's!).

* ~12,900 miles total
* One 2,539-mile trip from DC to Ft. Lauderdale / Miami FL, with stops in Myrtle Beach, Savannah, and Charleston
* 6 other long-distance trips from DC: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh (x2 and before the superchargers!), NJ shore, central NJ, and Charlottesville VA
* $0.00 spent on charging during road trips
* Net ~$0.00 spent on charging at home (from switching to a time-of-use plan)
* Charged at a total of 12 different superchargers
* Added 4 hotels in 3 states (NJ, SC, FL) to PlugShare after successful overnight charging
* Lost count of thumbs-up and expressions of disbelief when people learn it doesn't use gas but has 250+ miles of range and can supercharge (I kinda wish I had counted!)
* My wife's car battery has died twice since I bought the Model S. She drives a 2013 Honda CR-V (purchased before Tesla and EVs were even on our radar). I think I might've convinced her by now that her next car will be electric. :)

P.S. Leilani, I can't believe how many of the same comment you got on Facebook asking where the electricity came from! It's almost as if some anti-EV blogger linked to your post and encouraged people to ask and/or give you a hard time about that specific point. (Then again, I shouldn't really be surprised by ANYTHING in the comments section of ANY post on the Internet.)

One year -the carbon footprint

This thread is a good idea Leilani. Hope that many TMC Members will post in this thread a pic like yours.[/QUOTE

Leilani, good job.
Here's mine at one year, several trips to Whistler, Lake Chelan, and a biggie to Palm Springs from Seattle.
now at over 21,000 miles, still loving it. But, how's about others who are worried about one little girl's race car ... Look who else was in town.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 808
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:
Great pic Leilani. Where do you get the time to answer all those comments on your FB page? Looks like it would be a 40 hr week just for that. Keep up the great work for our environment.

I was in the wrong mood the night I was getting attacked on FB for that picture and I was replying a lot. Normally I don't do that but they caught me on a night when I let myself be bothered by the trolls. Ugh!

Leilani, I'm sorry to see the reaction you received on Facebook. It is very disappointing to see people act like this. Unfortunately the internet brings out the worst in some. They just post comments to cause turmoil. I'm sure it is painful to see reactions like this to something you (and the rest of us here) take personally and are truely trying to improve the world. Some people are so scared of change that they will go to any extreme no matter how how wrong they know they are.

It is reassuring to see some in your position (a celebrity in a influential role) fight for a technology that will help our energy usage problem. I have stayed away from Facebook in general, but after reading those responses, it looks like we need to clean up some trolls on Leilani's page. Keep up the good fight Leilani!

As Elon has pointed out, EVs become instantly cleaner if the production grid becomes cleaner. If these idiots were so concerned about where electricity comes from, maybe they should start voting with a conscience instead of ignorance and support the necessary change. An ICE has nowhere to go but dirty.

This is from the first birthday, last March. Gave her a wash that day and looked good as new. Since then I got a tiny little door ding on the passenger side. 15K miles then, 21K now.

Ballpark estimate of about 2000 miles of free charge at Superchargers and public chargers. I've used about $6 of my $25 deposit on my Chargepoint card and I paid $25 once for an overnight charge at an RV park.

Attachments

• Model S Birthday.jpg
    Model S Birthday.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Leilani, I'm sorry to see the reaction you received on Facebook. It is very disappointing to see people act like this. Unfortunately the internet brings out the worst in some. They just post comments to cause turmoil. I'm sure it is painful to see reactions like this to something you (and the rest of us here) take personally and are truely trying to improve the world. Some people are so scared of change that they will go to any extreme no matter how how wrong they know they are.

It is reassuring to see some in your position (a celebrity in a influential role) fight for a technology that will help our energy usage problem. I have stayed away from Facebook in general, but after reading those responses, it looks like we need to clean up some trolls on Leilani's page. Keep up the good fight Leilani!

+ 1

Just got back from several hours of Plug In Week in Sacramento area. Started early, stayed late, think I sold a half dozen Teslas. It is so fun to see people get the Tesla Grin. We have an interesting thing going on in my area, maybe in yours, where the Auto Dealers come to EV show and tells and somehow intimate that they are the only ones insured to give drives. Only in the low range, low power, "almost there" electric cars they offer. And the EAA tells me we can't offer drives because, welllll, no one seems to know.

Sorry, my car is insured, not the driver. I am primary driver, but I certainly can let a friend drive it. Whatever, I gave drives all day. It is such a kick. Some people are just ecstatic, unbelieving, overwhelmed. One wife kept telling me her husband had been dreaming of driving an electric car. Then I let him drive the Tesla, and he goes back to the booth and canceled his BMW drive. She says he's sold.

One very German couple (at least heavy accent) were afraid that I was going to sell them a car. No, this is mine, and you can't have it!! Finally they go on a drive. They have two Mercedes. I don't think for long.

Anyway, Hersheycar and I had a fun day. I drove 115 miles one way to show off, so it's probably a personality disorder, but a lot of people had fun. Here's the Tesla after I got home. You can't see the fingerprints on just about every surface, sun roof, hood, front window (trying to see in, and the window was down, folks!), rear window, ALL over the 17" screen.

And as this is our 2nd birthday, here's my mileage. I figure I have saved about $8000 in not buying gas.

Hersheycar 2nd sm.jpg
Tesla Birthday dash sm.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Model S M.D.
Wow, so this photo I posted of my miles on my Tesla anniversary has really brought out some EV/Tesla hate on FB. Some of it was so bad I had to ban people (I hardly ever do that) so you won't be able to read the really ugly posts anymore, but this photo has reached almost 200,000 people on FB now. Not sure why this photo caused so much strife. I got some death wishes on my FB page a couple weeks ago. There are some really crazy EV haters out there and they seem to be flocking to my page https://www.facebook.com/leilanimun...265696.250028874370/10152697327074371/?type=1

Congrats on your one year with the Model S Leilani! I see the exact same thing on GasBuddy, every time an EV article is posted thousands bash every single time. You are doing a great job. My wife and I each have S, and we are about 34K miles total. I have 60 PV modules, and fully power the house and cars with solar. I have a great idea for a picture. I'll see if I can take it before it gets to dark tonight.

Today is one year for me. No picture,as I am in Chicago and my car is tucked in the garage in Tampa (hopefully waiting for me to come home and load the 6.0 update). Hit 10,000 miles last week. For me, that's a lot of mileage for a car, as I live close to my office and we typically used my wife's car for longer range trips.

I'm still loving the car after a year.

Happy Birthday My Beautiful "Inspiration". You have been a total Inspiration for dozens and dozens of Engineering students, Friends, Relatives and the many Tesla Fans out there that have taken pix, waved, given Thumbs Up, and many other kinds of Tesla Moments that have made me feel like a Rock Star these past 365 days! 15,897 Miles of Pure Driving Pleasure, without a drop of Gasoline! Btw, I wanted my name to be more visible, so I named my Driver Profile, Inspiration so it shows up at the top of my 17 inch display.

IMG_9659.JPG

IMG_9667.JPG

Last edited: