Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One of a Kind S For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any suggestions for selling a One-of-a-Kind S? It's the only S ever factory painted by Tesla in "French Racing Blue". It's a P85D and has every upgrade and option that was available. Only 38K miles. Mint Condition!
IMG_0377.JPG

Very nice color.

A good start would be to find a similar pre-facelift model on ev-cpo.com, substract a few thousand because of no Tesla pre-owned warranty and you should be close to what you could ask for it.

But yeah, as previously said, one-off options/colors usually make the sale harder or you have to discount more for that. Or you can try to wait until you find a buyer who wants this particular color. In that case do keep in mind that the value will continue to go down, especially with it being an older model.

Hard part of anything rare is most people value it less. So you may look a long time for someone who appreciates the color enough to pay a premium.

What is the backstory on how the factory did a one off color? Have they done any other one off colors at the factory?

You should list it in the "for sale" sub forum at least.

People value something rare... less? That's the first time I've ever heard that about anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions for selling a One-of-a-Kind S? It's the only S ever factory painted by Tesla in "French Racing Blue". It's a P85D and has every upgrade and option that was available. Only 38K miles. Mint Condition!View attachment 419258

Bottom line... the car is worth the same as a P85D with the same options and mileage. The Color is not going to make a difference :cool:

People value something rare... less? That's the first time I've ever heard that about anything.
Really? So if I painted one of my Teslas bright pink with blue dots and thereby made it extremely rare — as in one of a kind — I surely could expect a premium resale price for it?

We have yet to hear from the OP why this car has its unique paint job. Maybe there are circumstances that could make it more valuable, for example, if it was proven that it was a one-off for a famous person. But absent that info it is just a color.

Last edited:
What is the backstory on how the factory did a one off color? Have they done any other one off colors at the factory?

I believe they did, but it was an off menu sort of thing. There is a photo somewhere of a bright green S coming off the factory line. I also think George RR Martin got a factory purple one according to this thread: New Factory Custom Painted Model S !

Really? So if I painted one of my Teslas bright pink with blue dots and thereby made it extremely rare — as in one of a kind — I surely could expect a premium resale price for it?

We have yet to hear from the OP why this car has its unique paint job. Maybe there are circumstances that could make it more valuable, for example, if it was proven that it was a one-off for a famous person. But absent that info it is just a color.
No because you or some third party shop painted it that way. If what the OP says is accurate and he can verify that it was indeed painted that color from the factory and is a one-off that would make it extremely rare and extremely collectible. This comes with a premium as far as price tag goes and I've seen it across numerous vehicle manufacturers. Go look at something like a Toyota Supra where they know how many of the vehicles were made that were equipped identically and they will list it in the for sale listings. The more rare the configuration the higher the price tag due to the collectibility.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
In the end it's a very nice color. I think this blue would be the only one I'd consider (had it been a facelift), and that's something considering that I've had only red cars. I wouldn't mess this trend up just for any random nicer color...

...still, I wouldn't pay more for it just because it's a rare color.

For a very short time, Tesla offered custom painting for $15,000. This was original factory paint.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Hard part of anything rare is most people value it less. So you may look a long time for someone who appreciates the color enough to pay a premium.

You should list it in the "for sale" sub forum at least.
Tesla offered custom painting for a very short time. Where do I find the For Sale sub forum? Thanks

No because you or some third party shop painted it that way. If what the OP says is accurate and he can verify that it was indeed painted that color from the factory and is a one-off that would make it extremely rare and extremely collectible. This comes with a premium as far as price tag goes and I've seen it across numerous vehicle manufacturers. Go look at something like a Toyota Supra where they know how many of the vehicles were made that were equipped identically and they will list it in the for sale listings. The more rare the configuration the higher the price tag due to the collectibility.
I have the original sticker which lists custom paint. The Tesla store in Dania Beach, FL is also very familiar with the car. Thank you.

With the factory unique paint color, it will command a premium price from people that want that specific color, but for the 99% it will bring less.

Gotta do some advertising and marketing to bring any significant price for that otherwise run of the mill older Tesla.